As human beings, it is natural for us to face troubles and difficulties in life. Whether it be financial struggles, health issues, relationship problems, or other challenges, we all go through difficult times that can leave us feeling helpless and uncertain.
During these times, it is important to turn to God and seek his guidance and comfort. The Bible is filled with verses that offer wisdom and encouragement, and can help us to find peace and strength in the midst of our struggles.
Here are 40 Bible verses to reflect on when seeking God in times of trouble:
1. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight” (Proverbs 3 : 5 – 6).
2. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7).
Kindly watch Evangelist Joshua on YoutubeSubscribe Now
3. “Now this I know: The Lord gives victory to his anointed. He answers him from his heavenly sanctuary with the victorious power of his right hand. Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God. They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise up and stand firm.” – (Psalm 20:6-8).
4. “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 8:38-39).
5. “The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold” (Psalm 18:2).
6. “I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world” (John 16:33).
7. “”For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.” – (Psalm 91:3-4)
8. “Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west” (Isaiah 43:5).
9. “Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me” (Psalm 23:4).
10. “The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged” (Deuteronomy 31:8).
11. “He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart” (Psalm 91:4).
12. “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28).
13. “Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” – (Matthew 6:33).
14. “Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall” (Psalm 55:22).
15. “He will not let your foot slip—he who watches over you will not slumber” (Psalm 121:3).
16. “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” – (Isaiah 41:10).
17. “The people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.” – (Daniels 11 : 32)
18. “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.” – (Psalm 91:1).
19. “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.” – (Isaiah 43:2).
20. “Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” – (Deuteronomy 31:6).
21. “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.” – (Jeremiah 17:7-8).
22. “The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” – (Psalm 27:1).
23. “But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” – (Isaiah 40:31).
24. “The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him.” – (Nahum 1:7)
25. “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.” – (Psalm 32:8).
26. “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.” – (Psalm 46:1-3).
27. “The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run into it and are safe.” – (Proverbs 18:10).
28. “The Lord is my strength and my song; he has given me victory. This is my God, and I will praise him— my father’s God, and I will exalt him!” – (Exodus 15:20).
29. “Those of steadfast mind you keep in peace—because they trust in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for in the Lord God you have an everlasting rock.” – (Isaiah 26.3-4).
30. “You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.” – (Psalm 32:7).
It can be so easy to give in to anxiety, dread, and despair, but with Him by our sides, we can find courage and anticipate wonderful things. He gives us hope.
We have nothing to fear since, through faith in Christ, we are given the spirit of power, love, and discipline. We can trust him to keep his word and guide us through, even in the most trying times if only we hold fast to his promises.
- Thank you Lord, for I know that I am strengthened in you.
- I know my Redeemer lives, therefore I will not be moved in Jesus name.
- I am a child of God, what can the enemy do to me. I am an overcomer in Christ Jesus.
- Though the enemy may strike, my Father will not suffer me to see evil and I shall not be put to shame in Jesus name.
- With Jesus in the boat, I shall smile at the storm, for I am more than a conqueror in Him.
- No tribulation, pain, suffering or disappointment will ever steal my joy, for my joy is in the Lord and in it will I draw from the well of God’s abundance.
- I’ve got peace like a river in Christ Jesus therefore, I am safe in Him.
- I have put my trust in the Most High and nothing can bring me down in Jesus name.
- My Father and My God, let those who plot my downfall be put to shame.
- Let the strategy of the wicked to cause me pain be frustrated in Jesus name.
- Lord Jesus, send me help from your sanctuary and support from Zion. Amen.