30 Prayers Against Domestic Violence
2 Corinthians 1:3-4 KJV
Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
Are you aware of any case of domestic violence around you? Have you experienced any form of domestic violence recently and you are in search of the right prayers to pray against domestic violence in your community or society? You are on the right page.
In this article, we will be praying against domestic violence, we will also be praying for the victims of domestic violence and those who have abused other people through domestic violence.
First, it is good we explain what domestic violence actually means.
Domestic violence can be defined as an aggressive or violent action done against another relative in the home.
A violent action is called domestic violence when it is done by a close relative or done in the domestic environment of the abused. Domestic violence can occur between husband and wife, ex-partners, family friends, family members, and other relatives.
Although physical abuse (which involves beating, stabbing, slapping, kicking, or choking a victim) is one of the most recognized forms of domestic violence, there are other forms of domestic violence. These are:
- Sexual Abuse: This is another common form of domestic violence. It has to do with rape but it’s not limited to rape, other things that can be considered as sexual abuse is touching sensitive parts of another’s body without the victim’s permission, or forcing someone to use contraceptives against their will.
- Emotional Abuse: This has to do with the destruction of a person’s(victim) self-esteem, it could be through unguarded words spoken against the victim in his or her presence or the way the other person relates with the victim.
- Financial Abuse: This is simply depriving another person of the right to work or engage in activities that can bring in money for them. It also involves compelling one’s victim to spend his/her money under one’s directives.
Presently, there are many women, men (married and single), girls and boys who are suffering from one type of domestic violence or the other and this is why we will be praying against every form of domestic violence with these 30 prayer points against domestic violence.
People who have experienced domestic violence often stay in the process of healing for many months and sometimes years, it usually takes them time to heal physically, mentally , and emotionally from the series of traumas they have experienced.
The sad thing is that some of these people who have been abused in the past may be unwilling to share their experiences with their parent, spouse, friends, or loved ones, so most of them suffer in silence. On the other hand, some people who have come to the understanding of the importance of speaking out, have opened up to their close relatives and counselors, regarding the abuse they are facing or have faced in the past.
However, as Christians, we really need to pray for these two sets of people that is, those who have been abused but have not shared their experience with anyone and those who have opened up. They need the healing of God in their spirit, soul and body 3rd John 1:2.
The certain way we can help them out of this, is to pray the 30 Prayers Against Domestic Violence for them and trust God that He will perfect the work of healing upon their lives, Isaiah 53:5.
Also if you are the one who is presently facing abuse (or has been abused in the past) through domestic violence, as you pray these 30 prayer points against domestic violence, may the Lord heal you of every wound and pain in your heart, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
It is however, very important that you forgive if you have been abused, and if you are praying these prayers for a loved one, inform them that they must forgive and let go so God can hear their prayers as Jesus Christ stated in Matthew 5:23-24.
Reassure yourself or the abused as the case may be, of the promises of God in His Word. One of these promises are recorded in Revelation 21:5 ‘Behold I make all things new”.
Isaiah 54:11 also states: O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay thy stones with fair colors, and lay thy foundations with sapphires.
Therefore, there is the assurance of God’s healing upon the life of the one who has been abused if he or she is willing to let go and create space for God’s intervention, one of God’s name is EL GEMUWAL and it means The God who compensates the offended, so, as you forgive, trust God to compensate you greatly.
Lets see the common cause s of Domestic Violence:
- Evil Association: 1 Corinthians 15:33 Keeping company with bad people;( those who have no moral standard at all) can make even good people go into erroneous lifestyles.
- Lack of the fear of God: When a person does not have the fear of God, such person can engage in domestic without considering the latter effect on the abused, Proverbs 1:7
- Demonic forces: A person who is under demonic influence is likely to engage in domestic violence without considering his victim.
- Unhealthy family background: This is one of the most common causes of domestic violence in the society, a child who grew up seeing his father beat his mother every day , will likely beat his own wife too when he gets married Proverbs 22:6.
- Anger And Unforgiveness: When a person accommodates unforgiveness and anger for a long time in his or her heart, it can result in domestic violence against the person causing the anger. Matthew 11:25
30 Prayers Against Domestic Violence
- Father I thank you for your faithfulness and your mercy over my life and all those who are victims of domestic accidents.
- Oh Lord I ask that you forgive me and every victim of domestic violence: in all ways we contributed to our predicament, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
- Oh Lord we ask for your divine healing for everyone who has faced domestic violence in their past, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
- Father please let your hand of deliverance reach out to everyone who is under the siege of domestic violence presently, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
- Oh Lord we ask that your mercies will speak for everyone who is presently planning to go into a relationship that will end up in domestic violence
- Oh Lord, we ask those who are suffering domestic violence but have refused to talk due to fear, please help them to understand the importance of speaking out, and bring their ways to reliable people whom they can open up to, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- Father we ask that you compensate everyone who has been abused, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- Oh Lord, in your mercy, please restore everything the abuser has taken away from me and every victim of domestic violence, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- Father, let the blood of Jesus Christ flush out every sickness and infirmity that has entered into my life through domestic violence, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
- Oh Lord, let the blood of Jesus Christ wash away every evil mark on my life, that is making me vulnerable to domestic violence, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- Oh Lord please give me and every victim of domestic violence the grace to forget the past and to move on to a new life in you Lord, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
- Father, please take away every form of unforgiveness, bitterness, shame and guilt that has crept into our lives through domestic violence, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- Oh Lord, a huge testimony that will make us forget our years, months and days of misery, please give unto me and everyone who has been abused, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- Father please help us all who have been abused to build our faith, hope and self-esteem on your Word, help us to see how much you love us always, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- Father every tendency in me to abuse other people just as I was abused, oh Lord, destroy it totally, I refuse to be an instrument in the hand of the devil, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- Oh Lord, we thank you for the opportunity to pray for these people who have abused and trampled on us
- According to your Word, you said we should forgive our enemies, father, we receive grace to forgive everyone who has abused me and any other member of my family, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- Oh Lord, I ask that you give the person that abused me, understanding and revelation of your will for his life and help him to know you truly, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- Father I pray that you will keep this person from abusing other people in the immediate and extended family, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- Oh Lord please let every stronghold of darkness upon the life of this abuser that is making them to abuse other people, be destroyed in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- Every evil pronouncement that is making these abusers do what they do, father reverse those curses by the blood of Jesus Christ.
- Every altar of darkness in my environment that is sponsoring domestic violence against my household, I command you to catch fire now, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- You satanic priest that is doing enchantment against the lives of the youth in my community making them to do unimaginable things to the opposite sex in their neighborhood, I command the fire of the Lord to destroy you and your evil altar now, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- Every satanic stronghold and spell that is sponsoring domestic violence In our community, I destroy you by the power in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- Forces of evil hypnotizing innocent minds and making them do evil in the society, I come against you, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- I decree confusion into the midst of the enemies of this country, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- I command every evil leader that is silently sponsoring violence of any kind to die by fire, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- Oh Lord, let your Word be deeply rooted in our generation that we may stand against every form of violence, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- Father let the initiators of violence in this nation be exposed and disgraced, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- Thank you Jesus Christ for answered prayers.