35 Prayer Points Against The Spirit Of Depression
3 John 1:2 “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth
Depression is a terrible disease that kills slowly and quietly, as a matter of fact, a depressed person may not even be aware that he or she is depressed, it will take the grace of God and good attention from those around before depression is detected. According to the Oxford dictionary, depression is a mental condition characterized by feelings of severe despondency and dejection, typically also with feelings of inadequacy and guilt, often accompanied by lack of energy and disturbance of appetite and sleep.
A person who is depressed may resort to doing dangerous things to themselves or their loved ones or end up committing suicide if adequate attention is not paid to them from time to time.
As much as it sounds like just a medical condition, depression goes beyond the physical as it is a tool used by the devil (to kill, steal, and destroy, the father of all lies)to cut short glorious destinies and to make even believers whom Christ has justified, to feel inadequate and worthless (for there is therefore no condemnation). During the period of depression the devil will bring up several lies (father of all lies)against the depressed in his own mind, thoughts of past errors may begin to troop in,(old things are passed away) so as to push the depressed into terminating their own lives thereby hindering such from fulfilling destiny.
If you have found yourself or your loved ones in the web of depression, do not fear, for the Word of God states clearly in Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end”
Also, we know that it is the will of God that we all prosper and be in good health even as our soul prospers.
Therefore, all you need do is to go through the “how to overcome depression” section and take the prayers thereafter aggressively. Meanwhile, do not take the prayers with levity, instead pray them with the mindset that you are fighting a demonic force that is working towards ending your life and in the mighty name of Jesus Christ, you shall speedily come out of depression and recover all that you have lost in your depressed days, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
How To Overcome Depression
- Meditate on God’s promises daily (John 6:63): Are there promises that God has given to you in the past? Or are there scriptures that have blessed your heart long ago? Get back to them! And if you don’t have any of those, get your Bible, feed on the promises of God daily, and be rest assured that it is well with you, you will surely live to fulfill destiny.
- Guard your heart and resist the devil (James 4:7): whenever he brings a negative thought into your heart, be it about your past mistakes, or evil suggestions of what you can do to hurt yourself, reject everything.
- Make a positive daily confession about yourself! (Job 22:28)(Romans 10:10)
- Spend more time with those whom you love and trust: avoid being alone, it is dangerous for you in this period. Speak with your loved ones, tell them how you feel each time and expose the evil thoughts that often come to your mind (to your matured loved ones). This will help you to free your mind from every form of negativity.
- Make up your mind to come out of depression: yes you need to put in conscious efforts in prayers, in fasting, in maintaining a healthy lifestyle daily, and In choosing to always reject anything that can ruin your mental wellbeing, in thoughts, words and actions.
- Get pictures of where you want to be in the nearest future:
write out your life goals and dreams in colorful papers and hang them around in your room. This will help boost your desire to live, as it will remind you daily of the great future you are working towards. (You can also attach your past achievements and awards, it will also help remind you daily, that you are not useless, you are unique and special, Made for greatness!)
Having gone through the above ways to overcome depression, let’s proceed to the 30 prayer points against depression
35 Prayer Points Against The Spirit Of Depression
- Oh Lord, I thank you for your mercy and your grace over my health, I return all glory to you in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
- Lord, I appreciate you for your peace, your power and strength that I have experienced in life, glory be to you Lord in Jesus Mighty name.
- Father I ask for your mercy in all ways I have sinned and fallen short of your glory in my thoughts, actions, and words, please let your mercy speak for me, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
- Oh Lord I ask that you heal me of depression speedily, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
- I reject every evil suggestion made to me by the enemies of my destiny, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- I reject by fire every suicidal thought that keeps coming to my mind; I banish it from my mind totally, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- I decree that the glorious destiny for which the enemy is attacking me, I shall fulfill in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
- I decree that only the counsel of God shall stand in my life, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- Arrows of depression, I command you to speedily go back and destroy your sender now, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
- Arrows of frustration and anger, I command you to locate your sender and destroy them in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
- You demon called depression assigned against my life and destiny, I command you to get out of my life by fire, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
- Every demonic idea that you have suggested to me in the past, I flush it out of my mind in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
- Every negative thought you have inspired in my heart against other people, I flush it out by the fire of the Holy Ghost in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
- Because I am created by the God of love, I decree that I shall love everyone and I shall not hate, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
- Thoughts of hatred, anger, bitterness and fury, get out of my head and my mind in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
- I decree that I am healed from every form of depression, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- I decree that no demon shall have access to my mind and my life anymore in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
- I surround myself with the ever burning fire of the Holy Ghost and I decree that satanic forces shall not have access to my life, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- I decree that the plans of the wicked for my life shall not stand neither shall it come to pass in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
- I frustrate the counsel of the evil ones concerning my destiny, it shall not be cut short, I shall not use my own hands to take my life, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
- I reject every sickness and disease that is afflicting me as a result of depression, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
- Hypertension you have no place in my health and in my family, you shall no longer afflict us, get out now by fire, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- I decree that my lifestyle will henceforth be in accordance with God’s will, I shall no longer be careless with my health and general wellbeing in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
- I decree that I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, therefore, I am free the guilt of my past sins, the devil shall not use my past against me anymore, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
- I decree that I am a personality created by a great God therefore, smallness is not in my DNA, I am made for more, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
- Whatever brought me into the web of depression shall no longer hold me bound in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
- I decree that I have the wisdom and revelation to fulfill purpose on earth, I am created to do exploits and so I shall do, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
- I decree that the enemy has lost in my case, and he shall forever be a loser in my life, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
- I arise from every dust of depression and I shine in the glorious light of Christ in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
- I decree that I shall live to see the goodness of God in my life and in the lives of my children and my grandchildren, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- I decree divine healing for everyone who is depressed around me, be healed in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- Depression shall no longer excel in the lives of the citizens in my country, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
- All around the world, depression shall no longer have a hold, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
- I speak wellness to the economy of my country, and the economy of the world, no more economic depression in the world, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- Thank you, Jesus, for answered prayers.