40 Prayer Points Against Shame And Disgrace
“For the Lord God will help me, therefore shall I not be confused; therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.” Isaiah 50:7
“I sought the Lord and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. They looked unto him, and were lightened and their faces were not ashamed.” Psalm 34:4-5.
Kindly watch Evangelist Joshua powerful videos on YouTubeSubscribe now
Today, we are dealing with shame and disgrace, its causes and how to use the weapon of prayer to take away shame and disgrace from our lives. Shame and disgrace is said to be when an individual feels a sense of guilt for doing something wrong and that individual is eventually ridiculed in the presence of the public or people. In the biblical context, shame and disgrace is when the enemy brings up all manner of accusations and trials that attempt to strip a believer of his or her redemptive dignity. Our redemptive dignity is what covers us from shame and disgrace and the devil is doing all that he can to strip us of that dignity in Christ Jesus.
There is an unannounced warfare going on against the believer, the devil and his agents are constantly planning and using every strategy at their disposal to bring the believer into shame and disgrace. They do this by first afflicting the believer of all manner of evil and afflictions in order to empty him of all he has, including his family and finances and then shame and disgrace sets in. The devil also capitalises on our human errors to bring us shame and disgrace.
Shame and disgrace can come through the deadly afflictions of the devil and it can also be as a result of our human error, some of this human errors include but not limited to; sin and careless decisions taken by individuals, as was the case of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden, that of King David who slept with Uriah’s wife. The Bible records how Adam and Eve were thrown out of the garden of Eden by God and King David lost his throne as a result of sin, if not for the mercy of God that restored it unto him. They all were caught by shame and disgrace for their sins. I pray for you today, whatever shame and disgrace you are currently passing through as a result of your sins be nullified by the mercies of God, in Jesus name.
Another cause of shame and disgrace is pride. Pride is a destroyer of destiny, it has wrecked so many lives and great destiny and it brings shame and disgrace. The Bible says in proverbs 11:2, “When pride cometh, then cometh shame, but with the lowly is wisdom”. When an individual’s spirit is lifted high and haughty, and such a person tends to place himself far above others and see them as nothing, such an individual is set for shame and disgrace. King Uzziah is a perfect example of what pride can do in a man’s life. He was a great king who started well in the days of Zechariah the high priest as recorded in 2chronicles 26, he did all manner of exploits and his reign was peaceful until he was lifted up in the spirit (pride) and he lost everything, was afflicted with leprosy, all because of pride. Proverbs 16:18, “Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before fall.”. So better to be humble in order to avoid the trap of shame and disgrace which comes through pride. Disobedience also causes shame and disgrace. In Deuteronomy 28:1, the Bible tells us to obey God and we shall be blessed beyond measure and also the shame and disgrace we will face when we disobey his commands. Disobedience is one way an individual can bring shame and disgrace upon his life. King Saul saw shame and disgrace when he disobeyed the command of the Lord through the prophet Samuel. The Bible says, Obedience is better than sacrifice and to hearken than the fat of rams. Disobedience is rebellion and he who rebels against his commander is doomed to shame and disgrace in life. That was the lot of King Saul and he eventually lost his throne to David as a result of disobedience. Another cause of shame and disgrace is Trusting in a fellow man, when we put our trust in our fellow men, our shame and disgrace is multiplied. Jeremiah 17:5-6 says “Thus saith the Lord; cursed be the man that trusts in man, and makes flesh his arm, and whose heart departed from the Lord. For he shall be like the heat in the desert, and shall not see when good comes, but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited” putting our trust in a fellow man will always culminate in shame and disgrace because man’s help is unreliable and can’t be trusted. Our help and confidence should be wholly on God. In Isaiah 31: 1,3. The Bible says, “Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help, and stay on horses, and trust in chariots, because they are many and in horsemen, because they are very strong, but they look not unto the holy one of Israel, neither seek the Lord. Now the Egyptians are men, and not God. And their horses flesh and not spirit. When the Lord shall stretch out his hand, both he that helpeth shall fall and he that is helped shall fall down and they all shall fall together.” Our whole trust and confidence should be in God. Romans 10:11 says, “Whosoever believeth in him shall not be ashamed”. It is time to look unto God, so that shame and disgrace will not be our lot.
Shame and disgrace hinders us from entering our promised land as it did to the children of Israel. The shame and disgrace of Egypt had to be removed from Israel before they entered their promised land.(Joshua 5:9-10). We must also understand that shame and disgrace is a spiritual force that must be dealt with spiritually. Jesus Christ was publicly disgraced, despised, rejected, assaulted and was publicly ridiculed on behalf of every believer. He was spat on, made naked and scourged that the mark of shame and disgrace might be removed and our freedom from shame and disgrace established. He was hanged on the cross to completely deal with our shame and disgrace in order to bring us honour and dignity and redeem us from the spirit of shame and disgrace. The blood of Jesus Christ is ransom for shame and disgrace. He did shed that blood on the cross of Calvary that everything associated with shame and disgrace might be destroyed in our lives.
As believers, we must believe this with our whole heart and call upon him in prayer to take away the hold of shame and disgrace in our lives in all areas. Below are very effective prayer points to help us engage in this area and take us out of the predicament of shame and disgrace.
40 Prayer Points Against Shame And Disgrace
- Father, I want to thank you for you love and kindness over my life and making it possible to see the light of today, may your holy name be praised in the name of Jesus.
- Father, thank you for your grace upon my life, for making me an enviable entity in redemption, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, thank you for your protection and your banner over me that is love and ever speaking, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, by your mercy, wash and cleanse me of all my iniquities and give me a new name to the glory of your name, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I come before you today seeking your face and asking for answers, may I not be turned away in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let every trace of shame and disgrace in my life be washed away by the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, whatever I have done in the past that has brought shame to my life and destiny, I invoke the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, by thy power, bring me out of every pit of shame and disgrace the enemy has put me into, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, command your angels to remove every garment of shame in my life and destiny, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I take off every clothing of disgrace that I have brought upon myself, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, restore every of my glory that the enemy have turned to shame and disgrace, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, by your word, whatever that is speaking shame and disgrace in my life from the pit of hell, let it be consumed by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, break every hand that wears me the garment of shame and disgrace, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let every spirit of shame and disgrace following me about be consumed by the fire of God, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, by redemption, I am redeemed from the curse of the law which brings shame and disgrace, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let every spirit of shame and disgrace that goes ahead of me to prepare shame and disgrace for me anywhere I go catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, by your word, I am out of the pit of shame and disgrace that witches have put me in, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, because I have received you as my Lord and Saviour, every trace of shame and disgrace at work in my life and destiny is removed, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let every enemy of my father’s house breathing shame and disgrace into my life and destiny fall and die, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let every evil person invoking the spirit of shame and disgrace into my lineage and then affecting me be judged today, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I annul whatever was done in my family in the past that is speaking shame and disgrace into our lives, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I break every covenant our ancestors made with the devil that is bringing shame and reproach into our lives, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I cancel every contract of exchange of glory for shame and disgrace in my life and destiny, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I rebuke every spirit of shame and disgrace that comes to wear me the garment of shame and disgrace in my dream, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, arise and fight those fighting me with shame and disgrace, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, arise in your wrath and fight those projecting shame and disgrace to me in the place of glory, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let your angels guard me against every incursion of the spirit of shame and disgrace, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let every strongman in my family using shame and disgrace to dwarf my glory be consumed by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, scatter the gang up of the devil and his agents against me in all areas of my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, whatever be the effect of shame and disgrace at work in my life and destiny, I wash them off with the blood of Jesus.
- Father, I disconnect myself from every ancestral inheritance filled with shame and disgrace, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I disengage myself from every ancestral activity that is bringing me shame and disgrace, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I repent of every activity I indulged in the past that is now speaking shame and disgrace in my life and destiny, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, by the power of redemption, I have been redeemed from the chains of shame and disgrace that held me bound, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I am redeemed to show forth the glory of He who has called me to praise and glory and not shame and disgrace, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I am redeemed to show forth your praise and glory on the earth and not shame, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I am of the lineage of God and created in the image and likeness of Jesus Christ, I am not a candidate for shame and disgrace, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I am covered by the blood of Jesus Christ and so I can’t be made ashamed or disgraced by the devil, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I am led by the Spirit of God and I know He will never lead me to the place of shame and disgrace, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, the holy Spirit is my senior partner and he will lead me aright in all my ways, therefore shame and disgrace will never be my lot in life and destiny, in the name of Jesus.