“Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord.” Acts 3:19.
Do you know that repentance of sins is essential for our relationship and our walk with God? The Bible admonishes us in Acts 3:19 to “Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord.”
So, what exactly is sin? Well, sin is any act, activity or thinking that goes against God’s will or His commandments. It’s like a blockade or fence that disconnects us from God, making it difficult to have a close relationship or rapport with Him. In Isaiah 59:2, it says, “But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that He will not hear.”
The good news is that God has provided a way for us to be forgiven of our sins. Through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, we can receive forgiveness and be reconciled with God. All we have to do is confess our sins and turn away from them. It’s like hitting the reset button on our lives and starting afresh with God.In 1 John 1:9, it says, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.”
As Christians, we believe that repentance goes beyond just saying we’re sorry or apologising for our sins. It must come straight from the heart- It’s a heartfelt confession that acknowledges our wrongdoing and our need for forgiveness. When we repent, we distance ourselves from sin and turn towards our Heavenly Father, seeking His mercy and grace.
Kindly watch Evangelist Joshua on YoutubeSubscribe Now
In conclusion, we all struggle with sin, but through repentance and faith in Jesus Christ, we can be forgiven and reconciled with God. Let’s strive to live a life that is pleasing to God and turn away from sin, so that we may experience the fullness of His grace and love in our lives.
We have curated 40 powerful prayers for you on repentance of sins.
40 Prayers for Repentance of Sins
- Our Father, we come before Your throne with all sense of humility and ask for Your forgiveness for the sins we have committed against You.
- We confess our misdeeds and ask for Your mercy and grace to purge us of every iniquity and make us brand new.
- Enable and strengthen us to turn away from our sins and to turn towards You, our loving Creator and Redeemer.
- Heavenly Father, empower us to resist temptation and to walk in Your ways, even when it’s not easy.
- Lord Jesus, forgive us for the times when we have behaved selfishly, with pride, and in disobedience to Your commands.
- Lord, our Redeemer, create in us the desire to seek Your face daily and to grow in our knowledge and love for You.
- Abba Father, empower us to trust in Your goodness and unfailing love, even when circumstances are challenging.
- Dear Lord, strengthen us to live a life that is pleasing to You, bearing fruit in every good work.
- Father, establish in us a heart of repentance that seeks to honour You in all things.
- Heavenly Lord, we ask that You forgive us for the times when we have not loved our neighbours as ourselves.
- Father Lord, give us the grace to extend forgiveness to those who have wronged us, just as You have forgiven us.
- Lord, deliver us from bitterness, envy, malice and resentment, and help us to walk in the freedom of Your grace and forgiveness.
- Abba Father, give us the strength to triumph over our weaknesses and to walk in Your strength, not our own.
- Lord Jesus, help and give us the grace to be patient and kind to others, as You have been patient and kind with us.
- Our God and Redeemer, forgive us for the times when we have spoken harshly or acted in anger towards others.
- Heavenly Father, empower us to cultivate a humble heart and to serve others with the love of Christ.
- Dear Lord, create in us a heart of compassion for those who are hurting and in need, both in our community and around the world.
- Father, forgive us for the times when we have not been good stewards of the resources and have laid waste the resources which You have bestowed on us.
- Yahweh, help us to be generous and to use our resources to bless others.
- Dear Lord, give us the courage to speak the truth in love, even when it’s unpopular or difficult.
- Abba Father, we ask that You forgive us for the times when we have not been faithful to our commitments, both to You and to others.
- Lord Jesus, we humbly ask that You help us to be people of integrity, honouring our word and keeping our promises.
- Father, we plead that You give us a heart of gratitude for all the blessings You have given us, both big and small.
- Heavenly Father, we ask for Your forgiveness for all the times when we have not trusted You fully, even when You have proven Yourself faithful time and time again.
- Father, endow us with the uncommon grace to trust in You completely, knowing that You hold all things in Your hands.
- Lord Jesus, give us the wisdom to make wise decisions and to seek Your guidance in all that we do.
- Our Father-in-Heaven, we ask humbly that You forgive us for the times when we have not used our time wisely, neglecting the things that matter most.
- Dear Father, we ask with all sense of humility that you help us to prioritise and use our time in a way that honours You and brings us into closer fellowship with You.
- Abba Father, bless us with the courage to stand up for what is right, even when it goes against popular culture, the norm, or the crowd.
- Lord, forgive us for the times when we have not shown kindness to those who may not deserve it.
- Lord, Saviour, we ask that You forgive us for all the times that we have committed sins against You and Your name because it was the convenient thing to do to get out of the seemingly difficult position at the time.
- Father God, create in us a heart of obedience to Your word and Your will, even when it’s difficult or inconvenient.
- Abba Father, we ask that You forgive us for the times when we have not been good examples to others, failing to reflect Your love and grace.
- Help us to be faithful ambassadors of Your gospel, living a life that is pleasing unto You.
- Dear Lord, forgive us for the times when we have been too proud to ask You for help, thinking we could handle everything on our own which led us into even more problems.
- Lord, help us to be like Jesus every day, showing compassion and kindness even to our enemies.
- Lord, we ask that you give us a heart of thanksgiving and praise, even in the midst of difficult circumstances.
- Father, forgive us for the times when we have doubted Your goodness and faithfulness, and help us to trust in You completely.
- Heavenly Father, create in us a heart of worship, honouring You with our words and our deeds.
- Lord,empower us to walk in the light of Your truth, knowing that You are faithful to forgive us and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Amen.