Healing Prayers For Mental Health.
Mental illness, also called mental health disorders, refers to a wide range of mental health conditions — disorders that affect your mood, thinking and behavior. Examples of mental illness include depression, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, eating disorders and addictive behaviors.
Many people have mental health concerns from time to time. But a mental health concern becomes a mental illness when ongoing signs and symptoms cause frequent stress and affect your ability to function.
A mental illness can make you miserable and can cause problems in your daily life, such as at school or work or in relationships. In most cases, symptoms can be managed with a combination of medications and talk therapy (psychotherapy).
Symptoms Of Mental Health
Signs and symptoms of mental illness can vary, depending on the disorder, circumstances and other factors. Mental illness symptoms can affect emotions, thoughts and behaviors.
Examples of signs and symptoms include:
- Feeling sad or down
- Confused thinking or reduced ability to concentrate
- Excessive fears or worries, or extreme feelings of guilt
- Extreme mood changes of highs and lows
- Withdrawal from friends and activities
- Significant tiredness, low energy or problems sleeping
- Detachment from reality (delusions), paranoia or hallucinations
- Inability to cope with daily problems or stress
- Trouble understanding and relating to situations and to people
- Problems with alcohol or drug use
- Major changes in eating habits
- Sex drive changes
- Excessive anger, hostility or violence
- Suicidal thinking
Sometimes symptoms of a mental health disorder appear as physical problems, such as stomach pain, back pain, headaches, or other unexplained aches and pains.
Mental illnesses, in general, are thought to be caused by a variety of genetic and environmental factors:
- Inherited traits. Mental illness is more common in people whose blood relatives also have a mental illness. Certain genes may increase your risk of developing a mental illness, and your life situation may trigger it.
- Environmental exposures before birth. Exposure to environmental stressors, inflammatory conditions, toxins, alcohol or drugs while in the womb can sometimes be linked to mental illness.
- Brain chemistry. Neurotransmitters are naturally occurring brain chemicals that carry signals to other parts of your brain and body. When the neural networks involving these chemicals are impaired, the function of nerve receptors and nerve systems change, leading to depression and other emotional disorders
There’s no sure way to prevent mental illness. However, if you have a mental illness, taking steps to control stress, to increase your resilience and to boost low self-esteem may help keep your symptoms under control. Follow these steps:
- Pay attention to warning signs. Work with your doctor or therapist to learn what might trigger your symptoms. Make a plan so that you know what to do if symptoms return. Contact your doctor or therapist if you notice any changes in symptoms or how you feel. Consider involving family members or friends to watch for warning signs.
- Get routine medical care. Don’t neglect checkups or skip visits to your primary care provider, especially if you aren’t feeling well. You may have a new health problem that needs to be treated, or you may be experiencing side effects of medication.
- Get help when you need it. Mental health conditions can be harder to treat if you wait until symptoms get bad. Long-term maintenance treatment also may help prevent a relapse of symptoms.
- Take good care of yourself. Sufficient sleep, healthy eating and regular physical activity are important. Try to maintain a regular schedule. Talk to your primary care provider if you have trouble sleeping or if you have questions about diet and physical activity
How To Stand Against Mental Health
- Prayer and Fasting: Prayer is a very important and powerful tool in fighting and waging war against the devil in any way. Hence we must always ensure that we pray and to show our great commitment and desire then it’s necessary to add fasting to our prayers.
- Live a Holy Life: Living a holy life is a very important tool in serving God and fighting the devil and resisting all forms of attacks from him. As Christians we must always ensure that we live a very pure and blameless life before God so our prayer can gain free access without delay into the presence of God.
- Commitment to God: As Christians we must be committed and consume ourselves with the service of God so the devil will not have access to us in any way. It is only we are idle then we can serve as the devil’s workshop hence when we are occupied with the things of God then the devil cannot gain access into our lives.
- Resounding Faith: We must know that before anything can be given to us from God, then our string and healthy faith is required. It is only by our faith we can get quick and prompt answers to our prayers.
Matthew 21:22 “If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.”
- Regular Fitness: One of the ways we can take our stand against diseases is to always involved in physical fitness activities to ensure our sound health.
- Eat Healthy and Hygienic Food: Eating balanced and clean food is one very important way to ensure our good and sound. We must always endeavor and ensure that we eat good and clean foods, so our body system can be well developed to resist all forms of sicknesses and diseases.
Healing Prayer Points For Mental Health
- My Father, I worship your Holy Name for your privilege to witness this day as a living soul in Jesus Name.
Psalms 16:11 “You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever”
- My Father, I thank you for your grace and mercy upon me and my family in Jesus Name.
Psalms 28:6 “Praise the lord! For he has heard my cry for mercy”
- My Father, I worship your name for your continuous provision and supply upon me and my household in Jesus Name.
Psalms 68:10 “There your people finally settled, and with a bountiful harvest, O God, you provided for your needy people”
- My Father, I worship your name for your powerful protection upon me and my family in Jesus Name.
Psalms 18:2 “The lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety”
- My Father, I worship you for your mighty hand working wonders in my life, destiny, career, academics, business, marriage and ministry in Jesus Name.
Psalms 98:1 “Sing a new song to the lord, for he has done wonderful deeds. His right hand has won a mighty victory; his holy arm has shown his saving power”.
- Oh Lord, listen to petitions and give answers to my prayers in Jesus Name.
Psalms 5:3 “Listen to my voice in the morning, lord. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly”
- Oh Lord, surround me and my household with your unfailing love in Jesus Name.
Psalms 90:14 “Satisfy us each morning with your unfailing love, so we may sing for joy to the end of our lives.
- My Father, continue to guide my footsteps and help me live a safe life in Jesus Name.
Psalms 143:8 “Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you”
- Oh Lord, let your mercy continue to speak for me upon my household and every of my endeavors in Jesus Name.
Lamentations 3:23 “Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning”
- Oh Lord, help me and guide me to be diligent with my work, profession, business in Jesus Name.
Ecclesiastes 11:6 “Plant your seed in the morning and keep busy all afternoon, for you don’t know if profit will come from one activity or another—or maybe both”
- Oh Lord, I rebuke every evil reports of the doctor concerning my mental health in Jesus Name.
- Oh Lord, I destroy every plan of the devil to make me receive evil reports concerning my mental health in Jesus Name.
- Oh Lord, I decree that my life will always operate in perfect health in Jesus Name.
- My Father, guide and protect me and my household against all forms of mental health and operation in Jesus Name.
- Oh Lord, I decree that I will never be sick or hospitalized in Jesus Name.
- My Father, send your Angels to keep watch over me and my household against all forms of operations and mental disorder in Jesus Name.
- My Father, always renew my health and my strength every day in Jesus Name.
- My Father, cause your face to shine upon me and my household for great and perfect health in Jesus Name.
- Oh Lord, consume by fire every demonic headquarters planning to sponsor demonic ailments into my life in Jesus Name.
- Oh Lord, I decree that I will never be hospitalized in Jesus Name.
- My Father, uproot every spiritual plants to cause disorder in my mental health in Jesus Name.
- My Father, arise in your might and consume by fire every evil plants of disorder in my mental health in Jesus Name.
- Oh Lord, heal my body system of every forms of sicknesses and diseases in Jesus Name.
- My Father, visit me today with your mighty hands of healing and resounding health in Jesus Name.
- My Father, uproot every altar of every forms of surgery and mental disorder in my body system in Jesus Name.
- My Father, dry up by fire every spiritual plants of ailments, sicknesses and mental issue in my body system in Jesus Name.
- Oh Lord, release your Angels of healing to visit me today in Jesus Name.
- Oh Lord, build your wall of protection and fortification around me against any forms of issues after my mental health in Jesus Name.
- My Father, remove every arrow of mental disorder from my life and dry them up in Jesus Name.
- My Father, arise and shower your rain of healing upon my life in Jesus Name.
- Oh Lord, let my health experience total and perfect healing against mental disorder in Jesus Name.
- My Father, uproot from the foundation every seed and plant of evil doctor’s reports upon my life in Jesus Name.
- My Father, release your fire to consume every forms of sicknesses and diseases in my body system in Jesus Name.
- Oh Lord, I decree that I will never contract sickness or diseases that will result to mental issues in Jesus Name.
- My Father, make me a man/woman of perfect health in Jesus Name.
- Oh Lord, I decree that I and my family will never receive any evil reports from the doctor about our mental health in Jesus Name.
- Oh Lord, cause the Spirit of healing and perfect health to always abide in my life and family in Jesus Name.
- My Father, expose and render useless every plans of the enemy to inflict me and my household with sickness and ailments that will result in to mental issues in Jesus Name.
- My Father, release your anointing upon me and my family to always wax stronger and stronger in Jesus Name.
- Oh Lord, I cover my life and family with the Blood of Jesus and we remain immune against all forms of mental issues and operation in Jesus Name.