PRAYER POINTS ON HOLINESS
Holiness in simple terms means the state of being holy, to be set apart and to be without blemish. In 1st peter 1v 16, there is a command which says: “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”
Initially the human race was considered sinful and under the wrath of God Romans 3v23, but the sacrifice made by Jesus Christ on the cross on our behalf, took away our sins and blemishes John 3v16, and made us holy and reconciled with God. It is then our duty to accept Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and savior, and as soon as we accept Christ, confess our sins and believe in Him, He makes us holy and free from sin.
It is however important that we remain holy by consistently checking our actions, motives, conversations and associations through the help of the Holy Spirit.
Are you presently struggling to live a holy life? Is the voice of your flesh seemingly loud than that of your Spirit? Are you finding it hard to please God?
We will be sharing with you some important prayer points, ensure you pray them with all of your heart. Before then, lets share with you scriptures that encourages us to be holy. Meditate on the scriptures below:
1 Peter 2:9
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.
Kindly watch Evangelist Joshua on YoutubeSubscribe Now
1 Peter 1:15-16
But as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”
1 Samuel 2:2
“There is none holy like the Lord; there is none besides you; there is no rock like our God.
1 Thessalonians 4:7
For God has not called us for impurity, but in holiness.
And a highway shall be there, and it shall be called the Way of Holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it. It shall belong to those who walk on the way; even if they are fools, they shall not go astray.
“Speak to all the congregation of the people of Israel and say to them, You shall be holy, for I the Lord your God am holy.
I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.
1 Peter 1:14-16
As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”
But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life.
You shall be holy to me, for I the Lord am holy and have separated you from the peoples, that you should be mine.
For thus says the One who is high and lifted up, who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: “I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly, and to revive the heart of the contrite.
1 Peter 1:16
Since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”
And one called to another and said: “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!”
“Who is like you, O Lord, among the gods? Who is like you, majestic in holiness, awesome in glorious deeds, doing wonders?
You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Worship the Lord in the splendor of holiness; tremble before him, all the earth!
Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love
1 John 3:6-10
No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him. Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous. Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God. By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.
But sexual immorality and all impurity or covetousness must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints.
So I will show my greatness and my holiness and make myself known in the eyes of many nations. Then they will know that I am the Lord.
2 Timothy 1:9
Who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began,
1 Thessalonians 5:23
Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Timothy 2:21
Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work.
2Timothy 1 :9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in
PRAYERS POINTS ON HOLINESS
Begin your prayers with thanksgiving
Appreciate God for His faithfulness and mercies over your life.
1. Thank God because He has not given you over unto the will of your enemies
Exalt Him for His love, protection, provision and grace your life and your family.
2. Now confess your sins to God, ask God to forgive you of all your sins and iniquities.
3. Say aloud: Holy thirst and hunger for the presence of God come upon me now
O God I receive spiritual gifts now in the mighty name of Jesus.
4. I receive power to do exploits in your kingdom.
5.Takeaway from me anything that is hindering your mighty move in Jesus Name.
6. I reject every force of spiritual carelessness in my life, in the name of Jesus.
7. Satanic coven tampering with my prayer altar, be burnt to ashes now in the name of Jesus Christ.
8. My Father, I ask for the eyes of Elisha and the ears of Samuel, please give them unto me oh Lord in Jesus’ name.
9. Oh Lord help me to lay aside every weight of sin that draws me away from you Lord.
10. Oh Lord please take my heart of stone and give me a heart of flesh.
11. I receive grace to always forgive and let go in Jesus Mighty Name.
12. Every association or relationship I am engaged in that is sapping out my spiritual strength, father let there be divine separation now by fire in Jesus mighty name.
13. Father breathe upon me afresh in Jesus Mighty Name.
14. My ministry shall not suffer scandals and embarrassments in Jesus Name.
15. Lord ignite me an unending desire for growth in the things of the spirit in Jesus Name, in the name of Jesus.
16. Holy Ghost, let your will be done in my life, in the name of Jesus.
17. Holy Ghost, fill me up and help me to bring forth good fruit, in the name of Jesus.
18. O God, I receive the spirit of revelation and wisdom in the knowledge of Your will for my life in the name of Jesus.
20. Holy ghost fire, search my heart, spirit and body and take away every desire to do evil, in the name of Jesus.
21. My mind will no longer reject the Word of God.
22. My mind will no longer accommodate sinful thoughts, in Jesus name
23. I decree henceforth, my heart shall be filled with thoughts of good and honorable things in Jesus Mighty Name.
24. Thank you Jesus for answered prayers
25.I decree I am now Holy and I shall continue to be Holy in Jesus Mighty Name. Amen