30 Bible Verses For Protection From Evil
In many and various ways, we are faced with different challenges, and the many evils found in a world of sin and darkness. Christians and non-Christians alike, we are faced with these situations. As Christians though, we are the major targets, as the devil, seeks different ways to tear us apart from God.
The Bible says “the enemy is prowling around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour” (1 Peter 5:8), and as Christians we cannot deny the fact that we are faced daily with dangers of sin, disappointments, attacks, and every other form of evil.
Yet, the word of God which is living and active and which never fails, lets us know that God who created us, and has brought us to where we are, will not let us fall prey to the hands of our enemies. God is our shield and our fortress, a very present help in time of need. He is always there for us, a sure foundation, our protector, our defender, though the earth gives away and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging (Psalm 46:2-3), God remains an ever-present being. God has said in Luke 21:18 “Not a hair of your head will perish”. The Lord is always there for us, to protect us, he has said “Call on me in the days of trouble, I will deliver you and you will honor me” (Psalm 50:15). When we are faced with evils in all its sorts, what better way to go to him than through his word, the Lord is faithful to every one of his word, so call on him in faith through his word, and deliverance will surely come your way.
Here are 30 bible verses, extracted from the numerous ones which reassure us of the unending protection of our God:
- Isaiah 54 :17
No weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord and this is their vindication from me,” declares the Lord.
2. 2 Thessalonians 3:3
But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.
3. Psalm 23:1
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
4. Psalm 23 :4
Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
5. Deuteronomy 28:7
The Lord will grant that the enemies who rise up against you will be defeated before you. They will come at you from one direction but flee from you in seven.
6. Malachi 3:6
“I the Lord do not change. So, you, the descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed.
7. Luke 10:19
I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.
8. Proverbs 18:10
The name of the Lord is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.
9. Exodus 14:14
The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.”
10. Psalm 121: 5-6
The Lord watches over you—the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
11. 1 John 5:18
We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them.
12. Matthew 6:13
And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from the evil one.
13. Psalm 48:1
Great is the Lord, and most worthy of praise, in the city of our God, his holy mountain.
14. Romans 8:31
What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
15. Psalm 32:7
You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.
16. Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
17. Psalm 16:1
Keep me safe, my God, for in you I take refuge.
18. Psalm 16:8
I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
19. Hebrews 13:6
So, we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?
20. 2 Timothy 4:18
The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
21. Psalm 91:1-2
Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
22. Psalm 91:3-4
Surely, he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
23. Psalm 91:7-8
A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.
24. Psalm 91:14-15
Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
25. 2 Samuel 22:3-4
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior— from violent people you save me. “I called to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and have been saved from my enemies.
26. Psalm 140:4
Keep me safe, Lord, from the hands of the wicked; protect me from the violent, who devise ways to trip my feet.
27. Psalm 138:7
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life. You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes; with your right hand you save me.
28. Psalm 34:19-20
The righteous person may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all;
he protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken.
29. Psalm 121:7
The Lord will keep you from all harm— he will watch over your life;
30. Psalm 62:2
Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
In faith, we make these prayers;
- The Lord is my rock and my refuge, he is my strong tower, and I shall not be shaken, I shall not be brought down by any force of darkness. Every evil force, which has risen against me, shall be brought down and consumed by the mighty power of God.
- Every evil hold of sin, hatred or iniquity, blocking every form of goodness in my life, and withholding my prayers from reaching the heavens, be destroyed and cut off by the blood of Christ which breaks every chain and loosens every bondage.
- Every trap or snare set in my path to destroy me and bring me down, be rendered powerless, in the name of Jesus.
- May my enemies, who have gathered to bring about my disgrace, be turned back and dismayed, for with the Lord on my side, what can mere mortals do to me?
- Oh Lord my shepherd, preserve me even in a world of sin and death, lead me in the paths of righteousness, to the glory of your name, prepare a table for me in the presence of my enemies, that they might be put to shame.
- No weapon fashioned against me shall prosper, and every tongue that rises against me in accusation shall be condemned. This is my heritage as a servant of the Lord.
- The Lord has given me the authority; therefore, I trample upon every snakes, serpents and scorpion. I overcome every power of the enemy, every power of sin and violence in my life, in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Oh Lord, you are my hiding place, deliver me from every evil, every plague and temptations. Amen.
- Oh Lord, please arise and fight all my battles, both physical and spiritual, and vindicate me from all my adversaries.
- According to the word of the Lord, in Psalm 3, I decree that surely, goodness and mercies shall follow me, all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord, my whole life long. Amen.