30 Bible Verses To Conquer The Devil
The Devil is prowling about like a roaring lion, looking for whom to devour, says the Bible in 1 Peter 5:8. As a child of God, we are the prime targets of the Devil, he is always out to pull us into eternal condemnation alongside him. But thanks be to GOD who has given us victory in Christ Jesus our Lord. Through his death on the cross, we have been given power over the Devil, for in his death, the Devil was defeated. We have been made conquerors, and it is in this light that we must always walk, in doing so, we become a terror to the Devil. We have to know who we are in Christ, we have to know our stand in Christ. The Devil, has no power over a believer who knows his authority as a believer. With the authority given to us by Christ Jesus, when we rise against the evil one, he will flee from us.
Here are 30 Bible verses through which we gain he courage, knowledge and power to conquer the evil one;
- Ephesians 6:18
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
2. Revelation 12:11
Kindly watch Evangelist Joshua on YoutubeSubscribe Now
They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.
3. Romans 8:37
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
4. 2 Corinthians 10:4
The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.
5. Matthew 4:10-11
Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.’ Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.
6. 1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted[b] beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
7. Colossians 2:15
And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.
8. 1 John 4:4
You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.
9. Ephesians 6:11
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.
10. John 16:33
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
11. 1 John 5:4
For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.
12. Romans 16:20
The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.
13. 1 Peter 5:8
Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
14. Revelation 17:14
These will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful.”
15. Hebrews 2:18
For since He Himself was tempted in that which He has suffered, He is able to come to the aid of those who are tempted.
16. 1 John 3:8
The one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.
17. Luke 10:18
And He said to them, “I was watching Satan fall from heaven like lightning.
18. John 12:31
Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.
19. Hebrews 2:14
Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,
20. Hebrews 11:33-34
who by faith conquered kingdoms, performed acts of righteousness, obtained promises, shut the mouths of lions, quenched the power of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, from weakness were made strong, became mighty in war, put foreign armies to flight.
21. Hebrews 2:8
You have put all things in subjection under his feet. “For in subjecting all things to him, He left nothing that is not subject to him. But now we do not yet see all things subjected to him.
22. 2 Thessalonians 2:8
Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming;
23. Matthew 6:13
And do not lead us into temptation but deliver us from evil. [For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.’]
24. 2 Timothy 2:22
Now flee from youthful lusts and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.
25. 1 Corinthians 15:57
But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
26. Deuteronomy 3:22
“Do not be afraid of them; the LORD your God himself will fight for you.”
27. Isaiah 54:17
No weapon that is formed against you will prosper; And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn.”
28. 2 Timothy 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
29. Luke 10:19-20
I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.
30. 2 Timothy 4:18
“The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen.”
- Take a few minutes, to worship the Lord, for the victory he has accomplished for us over the evil one through his death on the cross. For by his death, he has given us victory over, death, and over the principalities and evils of this world.
- In the name of Jesus, I have been given authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy. Therefore, in the mighty name of Jesus, I stand against every power of the enemy and render them powerless. In the name of Jesus.
- Whatever temptations, the Devil might bring my way, I gain the grace and power to overcome them, in the mighty name of Jesus, I receive the power and strength to flee from every face of temptation. In Jesus name.
- I decree, that the Devil has no power over me, I have overcome the Devil, for he that is in me is greater than he that is in the world. In the mighty name of Jesus.
- No evil weapon fashioned against me shall prosper, and every accusation which the accuser of the brethren brings against me shall be condemned. In the mighty name of Jesus.
- The Lord will rescue me from every attack and wiles of the Devil and bring me safely into his heavenly kingdom. In Jesus name.
- I decree in my life, that according to the Word of God, through the death of Christ, the Devil has been rendered powerless in my life. In Jesus name.
- Whoever wages war against me, wages war against the apple of the LORD’S eye and will surely face the wrath of God. In the mighty name of Jesus.
- I triumph over every trap or plan of the Devil, by the cross of Christ through which victory, salvation and power were released for my sake. In Jesus name.
- The weapons I fight with, are not carnal, for I have put on the full armor of God with divine power, to demolish every demonic stronghold and scheme of the Devil. In Jesus name. thanks be to God, who has given me victory through Christ Jesus my Lord. Amen.