25 Bible Verses About Family Happiness
It is often said that the family is a domestic church. If this is so, then the family should also be seen as the body of Christ and therefore, the qualities and foundation upon which the church is built, should be found in a family too. God’s creation and plan is beautiful and the family is one of them, this wonderful group of people having the same blood flow through their veins and being alike in one way or the other. God is indeed wise in his works. Still, God has created, it is then left for us, to uphold and preserve through his grace that which he has created. The virtue of love, joy, and peace which is in the body of Christ, is expected in the family of God also, alongside this, God has laid down certain commands, which should be implemented and upheld in every family.
It is through obedience to these words, that the ever-abiding love, joy and peace of Christ, would dwell in a family. God’s presence will always be found in a family that obeys his words.
Here are 25 Bible Verses that leads us on the path to lasting happiness in the family, 25 keys to family happiness;
25 Bible Verses About Family Happiness
- Ephesians 5:25
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.
Kindly watch Evangelist Joshua on YoutubeSubscribe Now
2. Exodus 20:12
Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land. The Lord your God is giving you.
3. Isaiah 66:13
As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem.”
4. Colossians 3:21
Fathers,do not embitter your children, or they will become discouraged.
5. Proverbs 6:20
My son, keep your father’s command, and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.
6. Proverbs 22:6
Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.
7. Colossians 3:13
Bear with each other, and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
8. Ephesians 6:4
Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.
9. 1 Corinthians 13:13
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.But the greatest of these is love.
10. 1 Timothy 5:8
Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
11. 1 John 4:19
We love because he first loved us.
12. Psalm 133:1
How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity!
13. Psalm 127:3-5
Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth.Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court.
14. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
15. 1Timothy 3:4-5
He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full respect. (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s church?
16. Ephesians 6:1-2
Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise.
17. Acts 10:2
He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly
18. Colossians 3:20
Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.
19. Genesis 2:24
That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.
20. Genesis 18:19
For I have chosen him, so that he will direct his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing what is right and just, so that the Lord will bring about for Abraham what he has promised him.”
21. Ephesians 5:33
However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
22. Proverbs 12:4
A wife of noble character is her husband’s crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones.
23. Matthew 15:4
For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’ and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’
24. Proverbs 15:20
A wise son brings joy to his father, but a foolish man despises his mother.
25. Proverbs 1:8
Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.
- Dear God, I thank you for the gift of the family, the domestic church, thank you for all that you have created a family to be and all that you have blessed us with, we say may your name be highly praised both now and forever. Amen.
- Father, I commit my family and families all over the world into your hands, you have given us standards to abide by, for our growth and progress, help us to be obedient to your instructions, in Jesus name. Amen.
- Father, help husbands all over the world, to love their wives, as you love the church, to respect their wives, and to treat them as they would their own body. In Jesus name. Amen.
- Dear God, help wives all over the world, to be submissive to their husbands, to obey, love and respect them always. In Jesus name. Amen.
- Lord, we ask for the grace of faithfulness between husbands and wives, that each one, might be faithful to the other always, that peace and love may reign amongst them. In Jesus name. Amen.
- Dear God, in obedience to your Word, help children all over the world, to be obedient to their parents, and to honor them always and never despise them in their old age, that the bond, peace and joy in the family may be preserved in Jesus name. Amen.
- Help every member of each family dear Lord, to be aware of their responsibilities and roles , and to perform each diligently, that the family might never cease to grow in every aspect and walk the path of progress, peace and happiness. In Jesus name.Amen.
- Father I pray for an infilling of love in the hearts of each family, that your love may abide and bind us togetherness, a bond that can never be broken in Jesus name.
- Father I pray for every broken family out there, that you Oh Lord, the mender of the broken, will in your mercy, put together every piece and bring these families back together again. Fill them with you peace and help them to rely on you, and build their families with you as the foundation. In Jesus name. Amen.
- I pray against the spirit of discord, in my family and in every family out there, I pray against every plan of the evil one against my family. That the power in the precious blood, will go before us to destroy every agenda of the evil one. In Jesus name. Amen.
- Preserve the peace in families dear Lord and Grant us the happiness that comes from you alone. All these I ask through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.