30 Bible Verses To Pray Concerning Marriage
We often hear the word “Prayer is a weapon”. Just like in the days of Adam and Eve, the devil is still against marriages and one of the ways to overcome the devil’s tactic in your marriage is through the engagement of prayers. In this article, I will be concentrating on three areas of prayers concerning your marriage with ten bible verses to back up each of them. The three areas are praying for wisdom, praying for a selfless attitude and praying for God’s presence in your home.
PRAYER FOR WISDOM IN YOUR MARRIAGE
These three scriptures above talks about pride as anyone who is proud is not wise.
- James 1:5– If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God that giveth to all men liberally and upbraideth not and it shall be given him.
2. Proverbs 13:10– Only by pride cometh contention but with the well advised is wisdom.
Kindly watch Evangelist Joshua on YoutubeSubscribe Now
3. Proverbs 11:2- When pride cometh, then cometh shame but with the lowly is wisdom.
4. Proverbs 12:4– A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband but she that maketh ashamed is as rottenness in his bones.
5. Colossians 3:18– Wives submit yourselves unto your own husbands as it is fit in the Lord.
6. Colossians 3:19– Husbands, love your wives and be not bitter against them.
7. Ephesians 4:29– Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth but that which is good to the use of edifying that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
8. Colossians 4:6- Let your speech be always with grace seasoned with salt that ye may know how he ought to answer every man.
9. Proverbs 15:7– The lips of the wise disperse knowledge but the heart of the foolish doeth not so.
The scriptures above helps in applying wisdom in relating to your spouse.
10.Matthew 7:24– Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man which built his house upon a rock.
PRAYER FOR A SELFLESS ATTITUDE
11. 1 Peter 4:8– And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.
12. Ephesians 4:2– With all lowliness and meekness with longsuffering forbearing one another in love.
13. Ephesians 4:31– Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamour and evil speaking be put away from you with all malice.
14. Ephesians 4:32- And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.
15. Proverbs 12:1– Whoso loveth instruction loveth knowledge but he that hateth reproof is brutish.
16. Philippians 2:4- Look not every man on his own things but every man also on the things of others.
17. 1 Corinthians 9:19- For though I be free from all men yet have I made myself servant unto all that I might gain the more.
18. James 3:16- For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
19. Philippians 2:3– Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
This scriptures talks extensively on love, putting the other’s needs above yours.
20. 1 Corinthians 13 speaks more explicitly about love and so does John 3:16.
PRAYER FOR GOD’S PRESENCE IN YOUR HOME
21. Psalm 91:1– He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most high shall abide under the shadow of the almighty.
22. Matthew 11:29- Take my yoke upon you and learn of me for I am meek and lowly in heart and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
23. Colossians 3:16– Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
24. Genesis 28:15b- I will not leave thee until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of.
25. Joshua 24:15b– As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.
26. Deuteronomy 31:6b– God will never leave you nor forsake you.
27. Psalm 119:105– Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.
28. Exodus 33:15– And he said unto him, if thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.
29. Jeremiah 29:13– And ye shall seek me and find me when you shall search for me with all your hearts.
30. Proverbs 4:20-22 – My son, attend to my words, incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes, keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them and health to all their flesh.
By engaging with these scriptures in prayers, you are sure to have a blissful, happy and blessed home filled with God’s glory.