30 Bible Verses To Pray On Finances
Financial prosperity, is a major desire and necessity in the life of every man. Lack of finances, therefore, is a great cause for worry in the lives of men. As children of God, though, the Lord tells us in Philippians 4:6, that, “we should worry about nothing, but in all things, with prayer and supplication, alongside thanksgiving, we should make our requests known to the him’.
The will of God is that we prosper in every sphere of life. He said “he has come that we might have life and have it in all its abundance”. (John 10:10). He wills that we may prosper even as our souls prosper, Financial sphere included.
In order to walk the path of prosperity, first, we have to realize that all things were created by God and belongs to him, and he alone has the power to place all in his hands. We have to know and acknowledge this, make our requests known to him, and then put our trust in him, believing that he who knows what we need, even before we ask for it, would not let us suffer in lack and want.
Praying for financial prosperity is therefore important in our lives, for prayer is the certified manner in which we can communicate and make our various needs known to God.
Below are 30 bible verses which we can pray with and place our faith on concerning our finances:
- Deuteronomy 8:18
You shall remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you power to get wealth, that he may confirm his covenant that he swore to your fathers, as it is this day.
2. Job 41;11
Who has a claim against me that I must pay? Everything under heaven, belongs to me.
3. Haggai 2:8
The silver is mine and the gold is mine, declares the LORD Almighty.
4. 1 Chronicles 29:1
Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things. In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all.
5. Psalm 115:16
The highest heavens belong to the Lord, but the earth he has given to mankind.
6. Psalm 24:1
The earth is the Lord’s and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it.
7. Matthew 6: 31-32
So, do not worry, saying, ‘what shall we eat?’ or ‘what shall we wear?’ for the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.
8. Job 38:41
Who provides food for the raven when its young cry out to god and wander about for lack of food?
9. Matthew 7:11
If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him.
10. Luke 12:24
Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds.
11. Romans 8: 32
He who did not spare his own son, but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him, graciously give us all things.
12. Isaiah 45:3
I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name.
13. Philippians 4:19
And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
14. Deuteronomy 28:12
The Lord will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands. You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none.
15. Joel 2:19
The LORD replied to them “I am sending you grain, new wine and olive oil, enough to satisfy you fully, never again will I make you an object of scorn to the nations.
16. 2Corinthians 9: 10-11
Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.
17. Psalm 23 :1
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want.
18. Proverbs 10:22
The blessing of the LORD brings wealth, without painful toil for it.
19. Malachi 3:10
Bring the whole tithe to the store house, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty,” and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.
20. Psalm 145:16
You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing.
21. Proverbs 11:25
A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.
22. Psalm 37:25
I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread.
23. Matthew 7:7
Ask, and it will be given to you, seek and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
24. Proverbs 12:11
Those who work their land will have abundant food, but those who chase fantasies have no sense.
25. 2 Corinthians 9:8
And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.
26. 2Peter 1:3
His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence.
27. Deuteronomy 15:6
For the LORD your God will bless you as he has promised, and you will lend to many nations but will borrow from none. You will rule over many nations but none will rule over you.
28. Proverbs 22:9
The generous will themselves be blessed, for they share their food with the poor.
29. Proverbs 13:11
Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
30. Proverbs 10:4
Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth.
- Dear God, I praise and acknowledge you, because you are the Creator of the universe, everything in the heavens and on earth belong to you. I thank you, for everything I am and all that I have, comes from you. Thank you dear Lord, for you are a wonderful and gracious Father.
- I thank you Lord, for your word says that you will that I may prosper, even as my soul prospers, you always have thoughts of good for me in your heart, to give me a prosperous end, you will never let your children suffer want or beg for bread, you are indeed a loving Father, thank you for making me your child.
- Lord, your word says that the heavens belong to you, but the earth you have given to men. As your child, I, this day, receive the blessings and riches of this earth which you have bestowed on me according to your riches in glory. Amen.
- Your word says that I should come to you, for it is you who gives the power to make wealth, I come to you this day heavenly Father, asking that you bless and bestow upon me this power, the power needed for my financial breakthrough, that I may walk in the path of financial prosperity. Amen.
- You have said that we should ask and it will be given to us, I ask earnestly today Lord, believing in your word which never fails, I ask that you bless the work of my hands and prosper me financially. Amen.
- I pray this day Lord, that you bless my every effort, no matter how little, that step by step, I may be uplifted and grow in my finances
- Help me dear Lord, not to spend unwisely, fill me with wisdom, and teach me how to manage my finances, that I may not live a life of lack and debt. Amen.
- Teach me Lord, to have a generous heart and hand, for you bless me, that I may also bless others, may I in my blessings, reach out to those in need, that others may through me, experience your encompassing love. Amen.
- You Lord, give food to the ravens and clothe the pretty flowers, and you have said that I am worth more than many ravens, I decree, that I shall never want and I shall prosper financially, for I have the Lord as my Shepherd.
- Lord above all, I claim your Word in Deuteronomy 28:12, which says that “The Lord will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands. You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none”. I claim this word upon my life as I walk I financial prosperity in Christ Jesus. Amen.