10 Reasons To Have Faith In God.
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Therefore, I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.
2 Corinthians 5:7
For we walk by faith, not by sight.
Faith is total trust in God or complete trust or confidence in God. In our topic today, we will be talking about 10 reasons to have faith in God. Some people feel because they have all they need in life they do not need to have faith in God, some may have even trusted in God before but due to one reason or the other they lost hope in trusting God, hence the topic to write about these few reasons to have faith in God.
Therefore, listed below are 10 reasons to have faith in God:
- He knows all things: Another name of God is Alpha and Omega, Alpha means He is the beginning and Omega means He is the ending. God knows everything from the beginning of our lives to the ending, He has already mapped out our lives from the beginning to the end, nothing takes Him by surprise. Whatever happens to us in life, He already knows about it, He does not say oh my child let me go and think about what to do, He already knows what is going to happen to us in another minute or years to come. Hence, we must have faith in His purpose and plans for our lives. We must be courageous enough to trust and have faith in His plan for us.
- He has never failed before: From the beginning of the creation that we read in the words of God till the ending, we have never seen, heard, or read where God failed before. Hence, we must have faith in God. God is the only one that makes a promise and fulfills it, He has never lied nor gone back at His words. People make several promises and at the end of the day they fail to keep to their promises, even all other small gods that the unbeliever trusts fail them. God never lies and He has never failed, nor will He ever fail. He said, He honors His words more than His name. He will never allow His name to be put to shame nor dragged into the mud. Whatever He says, He does it, therefore, having faith in God must not be something we should ever doubt or stop doing in our life.
- Faith builds our confidence in God: Faith boosts our confidence in God. With faith in us, we can tell of His goodness to the world, unashamed and unapologetically. We can proclaim to the world of His greatness and mighty acts. That is the work of faith in us. When you are so sure of something, you are confident without doubt in your heart about it, then you can tell others about it to come join you.
- All things are possible with God: Matthew 19: 26 says’ But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” We must have faith in God because, all things are possible with God, absolutely NOTHING is too difficult for God to do. He brings back the dead to live, He heals the sick, He makes way when all roads seem blocked, out rightly, there is nothing He cannot do, therefore we will do ourselves good by having faith in Him.
- We cannot please Him without faith: As a Christian, we cannot claim to love the Lord or walk in His ways without having faith in God. We cannot obey someone we do not trust. In a relationship of two people, trust must be what is binding them together, if not they cannot achieve anything meaningful, that is, one party will be going A, while the other party will be going in opposite direction which will make the relationship sour in a jiffy. When there is no trust or faith in a relationship there is no reason to continue, therefore, in order for us to please God and for Him to love us too, we must have faith in whatever He instructs us to do.
- Faith birth miracles in our lives: It is only when we have faith in God that miracles can happen. Therefore, faith is a birth miracle. The bible says in “Matthew 17:20 that” So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. Faith brings creation, just like we read now in Matthew 17:20, it is only when we have faith that miracles, signs and wonders are guaranteed. We can call those things that are not as though they were through faith in God.
- God understands what He is doing: Most times we can only map out plans for our lives and just project things from our own perspective, but we must have faith in God and trust His will and plan for our lives especially when the plan is not going as planned by us. God knows what He has in store for us, He understands what He is doing. Sometimes when the situation looks so difficult to bear and understand, for example Joseph in the bible, he was betrayed by his own blood brothers, thrown in the well, sold as a slave, from there to the prison before he was brought to the palace to become what God planned for him as a minister. We can see from Joseph’s story that he kept holding onto what God promised him even though what was playing IN his life does not look like what was happening to him at that point. We must never lose sight of faith in God, because though it may tarry, it will definitely come to pass.
- Faith brings about expansion in the kingdom of God: When faith is at work in our lives as a ministry or as a body of Christ it brings about expansion in the body of Christ both spiritually and physically.
- He is the only sure hope we have: Another reason we must have faith in God is, He is the only sure hope we have. Psalms 60:11 says’ Give us help from trouble,
For the help of man is useless. Even your family member will fail you, God is the only sure help we have, we must have strong faith in Him to see us through and to even have a close relationship with Him.
- Without faith we cannot receive anything from God: Faith is the utmost tool needed as a believer to receive from God. To confess and receive Jesus into your life as your Lord and personal savior, you must do it in faith. Without faith you cannot confess the Lord as your savior, without faith, you cannot receive from God.