15 Benefit Of Couple Praying Together
It’s excessively important for married couples to pray together. Praying with your partner, if you haven’t made it a part of you, can feel weird at first, but will then become something you will find interesting and encouraging. We need to encourage couples everywhere to be intentional about praying together. Below are 15 benefits of couples praying together?
- Praying together reminds you that God is the source of life, love, truth, Joy and hope: When you pray together with your spouse, you are focusing your marriage, and your all on God. You are making God the middle man in your marriage. You are letting God aware of your deepest needs and desires, hopes and dreams…together.
- Praying together helps your husband/wife know your needs and struggles better: Praying together about your struggles and anxiety also helps you both know how to better pray for each other all the time because you get to better identify your spouse. In case you don’t know, prayer provides insight on how to help and love each other better, too.
- Prayer will change you and your spouse: Praying together daily with one’s spouse can literally change one completely. If you believe in God for a change of something about your spouse, maybe a bad attitude, now is the time to take it to the Lord in prayer alongside your spouse, you’ll be surprised at how things will turn out in just a short time.
- Praying together strengthens the bond of the marriage: Prayer is the best channel to seek God’s wisdom alongside your spouse. As you pray and come to agreements on issues, that discipline then builds unity and bond in the marriage. And prayer is also where you can fight for your marriage together when the difficult days come.
- Praying together increases trust and intimacy with your spouse: Your Intimacy with your spouse can only be built on trust, and trust is built on how we respond to being vulnerable with each other. Praying together helps you show and receive trust that strengthens the bonds of intimacy in your marriage.
- Praying together fosters vulnerability and grace: Prayers of confession and asking God for help against a temptation allows you to be open with your spouse, and to show forgiveness and grace towards each other. It may feel counter-intuitive but that vulnerability can also strengthen the love and affection you feel for your spouse.
- Praying teaches you to be very-focused: Spending more time talking and praying together about issues helps you see life and the troubles of your spouse in a brighter light. Praying helps you focus on your spouse and others, too.
- Praying together humbles you: Praying about your concerns and struggles keeps you humble as you share with God and your spouse what things worry you and tempt you, or what you need to figure out. When you pray to God, you are not only talking and listening to Him but also recognizing that He knows all things and controls all things
- Rejoice Together: When God answers prayer, you rejoice. Rejoicing with your spouse who has been on the spiritual battlefield with you makes God’s answer even more precious.
- Mourn Together: Taking your pain to God is a big part of prayer. By including your spouse in the process, they learn the things that hurt you most and are able to share in your mourning.
- Need Together: As a married couple, your relationship and life overall are full of needs and desires. When you go before God to express those needs as one, you walk away as a cord of three strands.
- Speak Together: The lines of communication get busted wide open when you pray with your spouse. After sharing your heart with God, you and your spouse are able to talk to one another about the things that matter most. Your conversations get to move beyond the surface into a realm where only you two and God reside.
- Faithful Together: That prayer strengthens your faith is commonly accepted. But individually, we can grow weak and weary when attacks on our faith keep coming. Having your spouse in the midst of your prayers helps you two to face your weaknesses together and build your faith.
- Fight Together: The Bible tells us that the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. You know that a lion likes to separate the weak from the pack. When you and your spouse pray together, you also fight together. By staying by each other’s side in the spiritual battle, you help to keep each other vibrant and alive for God and His work. You also serve as God’s instrument of protection for your marriage and your family.
- Unite Together: What God has joined together, let no one separate.” This scripture from Mark 10:9 provides the ultimate look into the power of praying with your spouse. It is a scripture often read at wedding ceremonies. Unfortunately, it’s the only time many married couples face God together. But it wasn’t intended to be that way. By praying together, you ensure that no matter who or what comes your way, God’s favor will remain with you. Prayer unites your hearts, your minds, your souls, and your strength. When you and your spouse are united through God, your marriage will remain as strong as He intended
Kindly watch Evangelist Joshua powerful videos on YouTubeSubscribe now
There are so many benefits of praying with your spouse. If you want your marriage to succeed but you struggle with the idea of praying with your spouse, find a reason that works for you. Prayer is powerful, but praying with your spouse is an opportunity you don’t want to miss at all.