30 BIBLE VERSES ON GOD’S MERCY AND FORGIVENESS
IN WHOM WE HAVE REDEMPTION THROUGH HIS BLOOD, THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS, ACCORDING TO THE RICHES OF HIS GRACE.
Are you presently wondering if God actually forgives? Are you thinking that your sins are too much for God to forgive? Or are you simply looking for bible verses on God’s mercy and forgiveness.
According to scriptures, God is ever willing and able to forgive all sins if you are willing to obey and follow His instructions as it is written in: Psalms 86:5 For thou, Lord, art good and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee.
Kindly watch Evangelist Joshua on YoutubeSubscribe Now
He is not like a human who will claim they have forgiven you but still hold grudges against you. See: Numbers 23:19: God is not a man, that He should lie; neither the son of man that He should repent: hath He said, and shall he not do it? Or hath He spoken, and shall He not make it good?.
Therefore, look into the word of God and let your hope and faith be restored in Christ.
We have compiled below over 30 bible verses on God’s mercy and forgiveness. As you read and meditate on them, may you receive forgiveness for your sins and be able to forgive the sins of others too as it is written in Matthew 6:14-15:
For if ye forgive men of their trespasses, your Heavenly father will also forgive you: but if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your father forgive your trespasses.
BIBLE VERSES ON GOD’S MERCY AND FORGIVENESS
- Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God
- Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red as crimson, they shall be as wool.
- Proverbs 17:9 He that covereth a transgression seeketh love; but he that repeateth a matter separateth very friend.
- Ephesians 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.
- 2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
- Colossians 3:13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
- Matthew 18:21-22 Then came Peter and said, LORD, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, until seven times: but until seventy times seven.
- Micah 7:18 Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He retaineth not His anger for ever, because He delighteth in mercy.
- Mark 11:25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
- Acts 13:38-39 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: And by Him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of moses.
- 1 John 2:2 And He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
- Joel 2:13 And rend your heart and not your garments, and turn unto the Lord your God: for HE is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil.
- 2 Chronicles 30:9b For the Lord your God is gracious and merciful, and will not turn away His face from you, if ye return unto Him.
- Psalm 32:5 I acknowledge my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin.
- Ephesians 1:17 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace.
- Matthew 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
- Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.
- Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
- James 5:14-15 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he has committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
- Isaiah 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon
- Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men everywhere to repent.
- Nehemiah 9:31 Nevertheless for thy great mercies’ sake thou didst not utterly consume them, nor forsake them; for thou art a gracious and merciful God.
- Jeremiah 31:12b Return, thou backsliding Israel, saith the Lord; and I will not cause mine anger to fall upon you: for I am merciful, saith the Lord, and I will not keep anger for ever.
- Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
- Ephesians 2:4-5 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved).
- Psalm 51:1-2 Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness:
according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
- Isaiah 30:18 And therefore will the Lord wait, that he may be gracious unto you,
and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the Lord is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for him.
- Psalm 25:6-7 Remember, O Lord, thy tender mercies and thy loving kindnesses; for they have been ever of old. Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness’ sake, O Lord.
- 2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
- Matthew 18:21-22 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.rist may rest upon me.
- Psalm 130:1-2 Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O Lord. Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications.