30 PRAYER POINTS AGAINST PRIDE AND ARROGANCE
Texts: Proverbs 11:2; 8:13; 29:23; Daniel 4:37, 1 Samuel 15:17, Ezekiel 28:2
Pride and arrogance has led to the truncation of many great destinies. Many people have failed to reach their full potential because of pride.
pride in this contest is inordinate self-esteem. It means to think highly of one’s self. It is a feeling of deep satisfaction from one’s own achievements.
We are nothing without God, hence the scriptures warn us about pride.
“It is the gift of God, lest any man should boast” – Ephesians 2:9
Arrogance on the other hand is an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner. It is haughtiness and excessive pride.
God hates people who are full of themselves to the extent of disregarding him. He also dislikes pomposity, boastfulness and haughtiness but gives Grace to the meek.
If you don’t deal with your pride and arrogance you may soon find yourself on the receiving end of God’s strike.
In the book of Daniel, King Nebuchadnezzar woke up one day feeling that he achieved greatness by his wits and power alone. He disregarded God who had exalted him. However, after spending seven years in the bush and eating grass like an ox, he was humbled and gave glory to the almighty God.
God gave Saul the honour of becoming the first King of Israel but he misused the opportunity and disregarded the Lord. 1st Samuel 15:17
King Harold Agripa died a shameful death. He was eaten by worms while still alive because he did not give God the glory –Acts 12:21–23
Pride and arrogance almost cost Naaman his deliverance from leprosy. had he not humble himself and followed Elisha’s instructions to go wash in the River Jordan that terrible disease would have remained with his family to this day. 2nd Kings 5:1–19
Pride is a tree that bears evil fruits like hatred, envy, rivalry, jealousy, slander, murder, bitterness, lies, malice, contentions and conspiracies.
“Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips” –Proverbs 27:2 KJV
Beloved you must put away your pride and arrogance if you want to live and reach your full potential (Proverbs 9:10). Knowing that a haughty spirit is an abomination before God and that pride always precedes a fall.
Pride and arrogance must be dealt with by conscious efforts and prayers. Below are some prayer points to help you battle the spirit of arrogance.
30 Prayer Points Against Pride And Arrogance
- Father, thank you for my life and everything that you have blessed me with.
- Father, Have mercy on me and forgive me for thinking too highly of myself.
- Father, I renounce every manifestation of pride and arrogance in my life, in Jesus name.
- Oh Lord I humble myself at your feet, exalt me in due time in Jesus name
- Father, I refuse to exalt myself, give me the grace to be humble, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, as I humble myself, do not let me become an object of mockery in Jesus name.
- By your power O Lord, I resist the spirit of pride and arrogance, let it free from me in Jesus name.
- Father, please fill me with the spirit of humility, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, please repair my attitude and character; remove pride and arrogance from my life in Jesus name.
- By the power of the Holy Ghost, I break every stubborn spirit of un, in Jesus name.
- Father, let your holy spirit bear fruits of meekness and humility in my life, in Jesus name.
- Lord, I refused to think too highly of myself, help me Lord in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I refuse to look down on older people. Help me to always respect and appreciate others, in Jesus name.
- Father, remove every spirit of haughtiness from my life, in Jesus name.
- You spirit of boastfulness and pomposity, I rebuke you in the name of Jesus, flee!
- I receive the grace to be sober and to always give glory to the Lord in Jesus name.
- By fire, I break every stronghold of arrogance in my life in Jesus name.
- Every spirit of envy and strife operating in me, flee by fire in Jesus name!
- Father, by your power, I frustrate every plot of the devil to breed pride in me in Jesus name.
- Father, my praise will not come from my own mouth, let it come from the mouth of other people in Jesus name.
- From today, I put away pride and arrogance in Jesus name.
- Lord as I put away pride and haughtiness, give me the ability to stay humble and sober, in Jesus name.
- Father, remove every shame from my life, in Jesus name.
- Every seed of arrogance in my life, die by fire in Jesus name.
- Every tree of pride in my life, die and be uprooted today in Jesus name.
- O Lord, purge out every bitterness and resentment from my life in Jesus name.
- Father, do not allow pride and arrogance to truncate my glorious destiny in Jesus name.
- Lord, please restore unto me, everything that pride has deprived me of, in the name of Jesus.
- I recover all the opportunities that the devil has robbed me of using pride, in Jesus name.
- As I humble myself, O Lord answer my prayers speedily in Jesus name.