30 Prayers Against Depression And Anxiety
Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Depression is a state of feeling very unhappy or overwhelmed with the feelings of no hope for the future while anxiety is a feeling of worry or been tensed and restless for something that is yet to happen. Everyone has a possibility of being anxious at one point in time, especially when we have one goal or the other to achieve, and as soon as the goal is a success the anxiety leaves, and one is overwhelmed with happiness. However, the constant feeling of anxiety can become a medical disorder. While the depression on the other hand is a state that needs to be taken away from one through a conscious effort. God has warned us against going into depression and anxiety, just like our anchor texts, because depression can be suicidal and been anxious can lead to distress and high blood pressure and worst of it all can also lead to death.
Life is a warfare, and whatever happens in the physical starts from the spirit realm, therefore, we must take hold of our lives from the spirit realm before its starts manifesting in the physical. In our article, we will be praying 30 prayer points against depression and anxiety.
Praying to God about our feelings, calms our heart and give us peace that surpasses all understanding. Sometimes, things happen to us that we do not plan, example is when you go for an interview for a job, there is every tendency that you will be anxious and be tensed, but the bible admonished us not to worry nor anxious but that we should pray Philippians 4:6,you will notice that when you pray about the interview, you will just have peace that if you get the job it is all on God, and if not, God will give you a better one. So instead of going into depression because you did not get the job, you tend to give God the praise and trust in Him for a better opportunity. Depression and anxiety is the devil’s tool and strategy to shift our focus and trust in God. The devil knows that when your mind is shifted from God’s omnipresent power, he can easily get to you, therefore we must guard and guide our minds with the words of God.
Asides praying, which is the utmost, you must surround yourself with people that encourages you with positive words and atmosphere and if no one is encouraging you, encourage yourself in the Lord your God. Study the words of God daily because it is in the words of God you will find peace and joy. Also listen to Godly music, music is spiritual, it communicates what you wants to hear, so listen to Godly music to uplift your spirit and soul. Pray about everything, not only when things are not fine, learn to pray always.
30 Prayers Against Depression And Anxiety
- Oh Lord my father thank You, because in You I live, move and have my being.
- I confess every sin that may have introduced anxiety and depression into my life in the name of Jesus.
- Oh Lord my father, deliver me from every form of depression and anxiety in the name of Jesus.
- Every power speaking failure into my life, to bring me into depression and anxiety, die by fire in the name of Jesus.
- Every economical state, that is sponsoring depression in my state of mind, die in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, protect and shield me from every power of discouragement in the name of Jesus.
- I receive rest, that comes from You oh Lord in the name of Jesus.
- You spirit of anxiety, over my finances, break by fire in the name of Jesus.
- Oh Lord my father, uplift my thoughts and guide my heart to accept Your will for my life in the name of Jesus.
- I move froward in every area of my life in the name of Jesus.
- I release myself from every shackles of guilt and sadness in the name of Jesus.
- I receive strength in my time of my weakness in the name of Jesus.
- I crush down by fire, every power working against my joy in the name of Jesus.
- Oh Lord my father renew my heart with your power in the name of Jesus.
- I come against every environmental pressure; I decree in the name of Jesus that it shall not get to me in the name of Jesus.
- I lay down every worry and every pain at the cross of calvary in the name of Jesus.
- I walk in peace that surpasses all understanding in the name of Jesus.
- Lord let Your mercy speak for me and wipe all my secret tears in the name of Jesus.
- You power of heaviness I break your hold over my emotions in the name of Jesus.
- Every power contesting against my joy, break and die in the name of Jesus.
- The joy of the Lord is my strength every day in the name of Jesus.
- I fire back every arrow fired against my mental stability in the name of Jesus.
- I put on the garment of praise instead of heaviness in the name of Jesus.
- No more will it be heard of me that I am depressed in the name of Jesus.
- I receive unusual strength to soar above every form of obstacles in the name of Jesus.
- I come against every fear of the unknown, that is sponsoring anxiety in my life in the name of Jesus.
- Oh Lord my father, deliver me completely from family issues depressing me in the name of Jesus.
- Every of my failure, errors, and mistakes that is bringing depression into my life, be wiped out and corrected by the blood of Jesus in the name of Jesus.
- Lord I receive stability in my emotions in the name of Jesus.
- Thank You Lord Jesus for lifting all my burdens and giving me peace on every side in the name of Jesus.