30 Warfare Prayers To Stop Divorce.
For the man who does not love his wife but divorces her, says the Lord, the God of Israel, covers his garment with violence, says the Lord of hosts. So, guard yourselves in your spirit, and do not be faithless.”
Therefore, a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
Divorce is a legal dissolution of a marriage by court or to cause a marriage to a husband or wife to end by an official or legal process. Divorce was never part of God’s plan for us, but He advised us that anyone that must divorce his husband or wife must do it based on adultery, that is, if the man or woman is committing adultery this can be found in the book of Mathew 19:9.
Death separates a marriage but it is not a divorce according to Romans 7:2 For a married woman is bound by law to her husband while he lives, but if her husband dies she is released from the law of marriage. In the beginning when God finished creating everything, it was read in Genesis that all He created was good, thereby there is no one on the earth that is not good but the devil on the other hand brought wickedness and evil to human kind.
Naturally everyone is supposed to behave right, but the devil changes the plan by making man start doing evil and hurting one another and God. As a child of God, we are not meant to go through divorce, we are meant to grow together in love, peace and harmony.
Marriage is meant to be enjoyed and it is a bedrock on which so many good things happen in the life of both partners and the kids. Fatherly or motherly love and care are meant to be enjoyed by the children, divorce leaves the children with a fatherly or motherly defect of whoever is not in the custody of the children. Being together in a marriage facilitates speedy achievements and a stronger companionship.
The bible says in Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 that” Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up.
Divorce in Marriages are caused by so many things which some are listed below:
1. The major originator or creator of divorce is the devil, he uses so many things to cause total dissolution of marriages which was made to be enjoyed and till death do us part.
2. Lack of intimacy: When there is no mutual intimacy between the couple, example is lack of sexual intimacy. When one partner is no longer feeling sexually attracted to the other.
3. Adultery: When one of the partners is no longer faithful to the vow in the marriage, this is also tagged extra marital affairs. Divorce is gradually setting in this kind of marriage.
4. Lack of communication: When communication is lost in a marriage, the marriage is setting for divorce, because two cannot walk together except they agreed.
5. Lack of trust: This happens when one partner is no longer saying the truth, when lies and all evil acts are not far fetched from the marriage.
6. Violence: This is a terrible sign and also disastrous in the sense that it can lead to death. When a partner is abusing the other partner by hitting him or her, or when fights are reoccurring in the marriage.
7. Abusive marriage: When abuse is reoccurring in a marriage, this may lead to divorce of a marriage. Abuse can be an emotional abuse, or physical abuse which reduces the complex of the abused partner if not taken care of, on time.
WAYS TO STOP DIVORCE.
1. God is the originator of every good thing; marriage is a good thing. The first step to take to stop a divorce in a marriage is to first of all go back to the originator of marriage. Rededicate your marriage to God. Speak out all of your worries and cares to Him and He will surely direct you. John14:14.
2. The next step is to seek counsel, the two must decide on working out the marriage not only because of the children involved peradventure children are involved in the marriage. Seek for a godly professional help so as to curb all those things you don’t like to see occurring in your marriage.
3. Prayers: Prayer is the key. Build a family altar that cannot be separated. It is said a family that always pray together stay together. Nothing can come in between a family that prays together in the sense that, they will always discuss whatever issues they are having together and resolves it before praying to God.
Here are 30 prayers to pray to stop divorce.
1. Oh Lord deliver me and my partner from the spirit of selfishness in the name of Jesus.
2. Father we receive grace for wisdom to relate with one another in the name of Jesus.
3. Every power that wants to scatter our marriage scatter by fire in Jesus name.
4. Lord Jesus, give us the spirit to forgive one another in the name of Jesus.
5. Oh Lord rekindle our love for You in the name of Jesus.
6. Every spirit of bitterness in my life or in the life of my spouse scatter by fire in the name of Jesus.
7. Every satanic arrow fired against my marriage scatter by fire in the name of Jesus.
8. Every environmental force against my marriage’s unity die by fire in the name of Jesus.
9. You my marriage receive fresh fire of God to grow from glory to glory in Jesus name.
10. Lord, we receive grace to be faithful to one another till the end in Jesus name.
11. Every negative human interference over my marriage break in the name of Jesus.
12. Oh God of peace come and reign supreme in my marriage in the name of Jesus.
13. Lord Jesus break us and mold us in your likeness in the name of Jesus.
14. Every spirit of anger over my life and my spouse die by fire in the name of Jesus.
15. Every thought of divorce in my heart or in my partner’s heart be melted away by the love of Christ in the name of Jesus.
16. I cover my marriage with the blood of Jesus in the name of Jesus.
17. I break away from every generational evil trend of divorce in the name of Jesus.
18. You my spouse be delivered from the hands of any evil seducers in the name of Jesus.
19. Every marriage destroyer fashioned against my marriage perish by fire in Jesus name.
20. Arise oh Lord and scatter every power waging war against the peace and unity in my marriage in the name of Jesus.
21. Every stronghold to our breakthrough falls down flat by fire in the name of Jesus.
22. I command the peace of God to calm every storm in my marriage in the name of Jesus.
23. Let the power in the blood of Jesus shield us from every intending crisis in the name of Jesus.
24. I decree in the name of Jesus that our marriage shall be a role model to the world at large in the name of Jesus.
25. I speak restoration over every lost opportunity as a result of the past hurts and pains.
26. I decree in the name of Jesus that my marriage shall survive any crisis and come out stronger in the name of Jesus.
27. Let the love of Christ be our evidence in my marriage in the name of Jesus.
28. We move from where we are to where God wants us to be in the name of Jesus.
29. I decree in the name of Jesus that none of us will die untimely in the name of Jesus.
30. I decree in the name of Jesus we will not live in sicknesses and diseases in the name of Jesus.