7 Signs God Is Speaking To You
KEY SCRIPTURES: John 10:27-28; Jeremiah 33:3; Job 33:14; 2 Timothy 3:16
John 10:27-28 “My sheep hear my voice and I know them, and they follow me. 10:28 “And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never pluck them out of my hand.”
Oftentimes, you pray to God and think you are not getting answers to your prayers. There is every indication that you might be missing what he is saying back to you. Have you experienced countless occasions in your life when you wanted God to speak to you but He seemed deafeningly silent? Waiting for answers that are not forthcoming? Unfortunately, you may wait forever because God often doesn’t respond the way you wanted him to or expected him to, you may miss Him altogether and think he was ignoring you. Sometimes, God might usually be trying to get your attention but you keep missing the ways that he has been speaking to you. God hears prayers and He never ignores His children.
Kindly watch Evangelist Joshua on YoutubeSubscribe Now
God could be speaking to you in one way and you are looking to hear him in another way. He can speak to you anytime and anywhere He wants, in any way that he wants. Though there are some common ways God speaks which we tend to overlook. The ways God speaks to you are backed with scriptures because it is the word of God and can’t expire. The importance of being able to discern and recognize that God is speaking to you in this present time cannot be overemphasized. The voice of flesh competing with the real voice of God also affects a Christian from accurately hearing when God is speaking at times. Due to all this effect, this is of great importance when you can recognize signs that God is speaking to you. In some other cases, you might have prayed to God for directions and it seems you have gotten an answer but yet you need a sign of confirmation from God. Whatever the case may be, God is still speaking and to clear your doubt and guarantee you on this, you need to know the signs God is speaking to you. In this article, we will be considering 7 signs that God is speaking to you.
- THE HOLY SCRIPTURE: 1 Timothy 3:16; Psalms 119:105 “Your word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.”
The easy and simplest way that God speaks is through His word. Every scripture of God is useful and shows us things, corrects us and instructs us in what to do and through the word of God we are shaped up for the tasks God has for us. The Bible is a guideline for all believers and it never contradicts itself. The scripture lies revelation and truth. When the same type of verses or theme keeps coming to you during study of his word or during meditation or prayers, this is a sign that God is speaking to you to do something or meditate regarding those particular similar verses. Once you experience this and you have peace within you about it, it means God has already spoken concerning that particular situation you needed answers for or a revelation of things to come.
2. WISE COUNSEL OF OTHERS FROM SAME FAITH: Romans 1:12 “That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.”
God can speak to you through others of the same faith from conversation of how God speaks to them and how they are also able to overcome situations, which can lead to the confirmation of the answers you needed it for. This sign can help strengthen conviction in one’s inner mind and also encourage lifting of one’s spirit. God can use the wise counsel of others to speak to you. This can take different forms but ensure that the wise counsel you received is also godly counsel and this can be known by reading the word of God to know if the counsel is in line with God’s word.
3. VISION AND DREAM: Another sign that God uses in speaking is through vision and dreams. We have seen instances of how God speaks to people through visions and dreams in the Bible in different circumstances. God warned the wise men through dreams, encouraged and instructed Peter through visions and also revealed secrets to Daniel through vision. When you have dreams and vision concerning a situation or something which could be either revelation of things to happen, or correction and instruction on things to be done which doesn’t contradict the scriptures, it is a clear sign that God is speaking to you. You must be sensitive enough to remember and take actions once God speaks to you through dreams and vision.
4. YOUR INNER MIND / CONVICTION: When you have a feeling that you should change something in your life or your gut is giving you a wrong signal and it is in line with the word of God, it could clearly point to a fact that God is speaking to you. This could cause you the comfort you are used to but it is more advisable to pray more to receive clear direction on what the Lord is asking you to change or do in such a situation. Obedience is better than sacrifice. When you experience a feeling of reservation about a choice and the feeling is so powerful that it stops you in your tracks and even grows stronger if you attempt to fight against it in your inner mind. This could be a signal that God is speaking to you at that particular time and any attempt to go against might bring about a grave consequence for you.
5. SERMON: When you attend a church and the preaching is making you uncomfortable, it might actually be a sign that God is speaking to you through that specific scripture. This means that the Holy Spirit is passing a message to you from God and you have to endeavor to know the right message he is passing to you because it is for the betterment of your whole well-being and for others around you too. It is very important to listen attentively to the sermon because God can decide what it means to talk to you and you need to hear and figure out how you can apply it to your life. Also, that particular scripture God is using to speak to you might be a sign of warning from God of an impending danger which will bring about wisdom to prevent it or escape it.
6. GOD AUDIBLE VOICE: Another sign that God is speaking to you is through hearing his voice when you are praying on a particular issue or seeking his face on a matter. God can speak to you directly through the testimonies of others or during meditating on a particular scripture. You must be very sensitive to hear God through this sign because there are other voices that will also contradict the right message spoken by God through the Holy Spirit and if you are not careful, you might out rightly miss the message from God.
7. CHANGES IN SITUATION: God can use the happenings in your life as a sign to speak to you. Just like he did for Jonah when he refused to answer God’s call and things changed badly in his life. He experienced an unfriendly situation which made him realize at that moment that God was speaking to him. When things are happening in your life and you don’t seem to understand, you need to relax, set back and check if God is not using it as a sign to speak to you.
Be sensitive to God’s signals when he is speaking to you. You may not hear him with your ears but God can indeed speak to you. God speaks whenever you need guidance, strength, decision between right and wrong, wisdom, and even comfort. Learn to listen, slow down on your desperation for answers, take a deep breath and bring yourself into God’s presence. To hear God, you must keep your heart pure and right with God, repent and ask forgiveness of sin. Also live your life according to his word and draw closer to Him daily.