Biblical Story Of Adam And Eve Lesson To Learn
TEXT: Genesis 2-3
Adam was the first man created by God after creating the heavens and the earth and all other creatures, God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the Adam to see what he would name them; and whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name. Adam gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals.
God put Adam in the garden of Eden to work it and take care of it, the Lord commanded Adam, that he is free to eat from any tree in the garden; but he must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when he eat from it he will certainly die. God saw that Adam was alone and lonely in the garden because there was no helper So, the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and then closed up the place with ribs and made a woman from the rib taken from Adam. So, Eve became the first woman made by God to help Adam. They were both naked and not ashamed meaning they lived without hiding anything from each other, but something profound happened. The bible said the serpent was craftier than any of the wild animals God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?” Genesis 3:1 Little did Eve know she was about to be lured to go against the will of God and thrown out of the garden of Eden. The serpent told her God does not want their eyes to be opened and be like Him, that it was not as if they would die. Instead of asking her husband before eating the fruit, she went ahead, ate it and lured her husband to eat it also.
Truly, their eyes got opened immediately; they knew they were naked and they were ashamed. They heard God passing in the garden as He normally pass, they became afraid and God asked them why they were afraid and hiding away from Him, so they told Him they were naked, God was surprised to hear that and He asked them who told them they were naked, Adam passed the blame to Eve, and Eve passed the blame to the serpent. God was angry with Adam and Eve and He chased them out of the garden of Eden, He cursed the serpent and also cursed Adam and Eve.
Kindly watch Evangelist Joshua on YoutubeSubscribe Now
LESSON TO LEARN.
From Adam and Eve’s story, there are some lessons to learn which are as follows:
- We must always Mind our taught: Before we take any decision in life, we must not be quick to take decisions without asking for the Holy spirit’s guidance. The Holy spirit is always there to lead us to the right place or do the right thing so we must let our decision be guided by the word of God.
- All that glitters is not gold: Not all opportunities that look appealing is God’s plan for us, we must be careful not to be driven by beauty, money or any thing that is appealing, we must be seek first what God is saying before we take decision, because sometimes it may or may not be the will of God for us.
- We must ask God for forgiveness anytime we find out that we have erred against His will. We did not know if Adam and Eve asked God to forgive them after God asked them how they got to know they were naked. God is a merciful God I am sure if they quickly recognized they have sinned they ought to ask for forgiveness instead Adam and Eve were passing blames from one person to the other.
- Do away from any appearance of sin. Sin takes away the presence of God, it makes us run away from the presence of God and causes negative consequences, just like we read in the story. Sin makes God angry with us and it blocks us from reaching us. So, we must do away from anything that will make us fall short of God’s glory.
- We must learn to take responsibility for any action taken. As we read in the story, we saw how Adam passed the blame to his wife that she was the one that made him eat the fruit, however, Eve also blamed the serpent that it was the serpent which it shouldn’t be so. We must learn to stand up for ourselves and not blame anyone for falling short or doing something bad. I am sure if it was something worthy of praise, Adam will not say it was Eve, peradventure if God praised them for doing something great, he will gladly say it was him that did it. But because they were ashamed and felt guilty, he passed the blame to Eve and Eve also passed the blame to the serpent. We must take responsibility for our decisions.
- In all your ways acknowledge God: We must always ask God for direction, we must never leave God out of any decision, even when He has given us instructions before, whenever we feel like the instruction is looking contradicting, we must go before Him and ask again so that we won’t fall short of His glory. Just like the story we read, when the serpent brought the fruit to Eve, even though Eve saw the fruit appealing and beautiful to the eye, she was supposed to ask God again for clarification because I am sure she will be asking herself again and again that, but this fruit is actually appealing to the eye, while will God say they should not eat out of it? She made the mistake of ignoring God and lost in deep thought of what the serpent was telling her, thereafter luring her husband to do the same which was totally against the will of God for them and made God to banish them from the garden of Eden all because of not acknowledging God again before eating the fruit. This should not be a repeated mistake in our lives, we must learn to acknowledge God before taking any step in our lives.