How Christians Can Overcome Financial Crisis
And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
The Lord will open to you His good treasure, the heavens, to give the rain to your land in its season, and to bless all the work of your hand. You shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow.
Financial crisis is a lack of money both when the money is needed and when it is not needed. God promised us that He will supply all our needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus, according to our anchor scripture, but sometimes, a child of God can experience a financial crisis which was not God’s original plans for His children. As children of God, we are supposed to be a blessing to the world at large and not to be in financial crisis, therefore, in our article today, we will be looking at steps to take to overcome financial crisis.
How Christians Can Overcome Financial Crisis
- Must be an obedient child of God. Sin separates us from God., it blocks heaven from pouring out rain of blessings on us, therefore, to overcome financial crisis, we must surrender our totality to God and obey every one of His commandments.
- Study the words of God to get direction. Psalm 23:1 says The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want. Revelation gives direction, you need to get revelation from the words of God through meditating on His words and obeying His commandments.
- Seek proper professional knowledge about a business before investing in it. Identify the failures you faced that made you experience a financial crisis before, being a victim of the past is a state of the mindset, you must change your mind set by getting knowledge from those that are ahead of you in whatever you want to venture into. The bible says in Proverbs 13:20 “Those that walk with the wise shall be wise, the companion of fools shall be destroyed.
- Find your area of interest. Be a problem solver, when you solve problems, money will flow in your direction. Do not just pray you must work, to end the financial crisis, you must start something, action must be taken to get a result. Your daily decision will take you to a destination
- Do not invest in all the business that comes your way. Do not be a jack of all trades master of none. Be focused, focus is the key to make it in life. Do not be distracted by just any business that brings financial freedom, focus on the one you have passion for and can do adequately to get expected results.
- Be a giver and always pay your tithe. Anyone that gives, receives. When you pay your tithe, God will open the windows of heaven upon your life and rebuke any devourer for your sake.
- Stay positive. Positivity brings productivity. If you are positive in whatever you lay your hands on, it shall bring forth fruits. Be open minded and guard your heart and mind. It is possible to think about the past of how the business failed and how you ended up in a financial crisis, but the truth is, you can wait for everything to be perfect before you start up again. So only a positive mindset will keep you going even when the going seems rough.
- Forgive anyone that must have hurt you in one way or the other. Unforgiveness will not make God to answer your prayers, it is possible God has ordained someone to help you and direct you but because of the bitterness and unforgiving spirit, you may not be able to be free from financial crisis, so, for you to overcome financial crisis you must do away with unforgiving spirit.
- Have faith in God. Faith is a total complete trust in God. Trust God for financial supply, do not be too anxious and do not allow your heart to be weary. When you have total faith in God, God will come through for you and break every limit against your finances. Hebrews 11:6 says ‘Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
- Pray always, never be tired of praying, when you pray, God will surely order your steps towards the right direction on what to do to overcome the financial crisis. He will surely open your eyes to see if it is a spiritual force that is blocking your prayers from being answered, or there are some steps you just needed to take to be free from the financial crisis. 1 John 5:14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
- Do not be greedy. Greediness brings destruction, greediness is one of the factors that brings financial crisis on one’s destiny, when you just want to have it all to yourself, it blocks one’s heaven of blessings. Proverbs 25:28 says” The greedy stir up conflict, but those who trust in the LORD will prosper.
- Do not be lazy. Anyone that is lazy is already in financial turbulence, because the person will always be at the mercy of other people, 2 Thessalonians 3:10 says “For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat. Also, the bible says in Proverbs 22:29 that “Sees a man that is diligent in his work, He shall stand before kings and not mean men. A lazy person can never be out of financial crisis, let alone stand before kings, therefore, to overcome financial crisis, you must quit laziness.
- Set financial priorities. Anyone that wants to be free from financial crisis must set goals and have priorities. Write it down and map it out on a sheet of paper, do not spend anyhow or how the money comes, set financial priorities. Habakkuk 2:2 says’ Then the Lord answered me and said: “Write the vision and make it plain on tablets,
That he may run who reads it.