How To Break Generational Curses
It happens in almost all families and a generational curse can vary—negative memories, character traits, spiritual battles and struggles from our upbringings and our pasts. Generational curses can be difficult to break if God is not fully involved in the equation.
Generational curses are very real as we all have them, whether big or small, glaring or hidden. A curse could be something harmful, an addiction or even a form of abuse which has been passed down from one generation to the next. All these bad habits or traits are usually called family curses. There are no excuses in allowing a generational curse to continue because we feel it’s too hard for us to stop or we feel it’s too powerful that it has become a part of us.
Kindly watch Evangelist Joshua powerful videos on YouTubeSubscribe now
In the book of Exodus 20 vs, 3-4, we can see that God’s blessings and curses can be transferred from generation to generation. Since our God is a jealous God, and if we do not obey the first three Ten Commandments of God, punishment can be passed on to the third and fourth generations. By contrast, if the people of God love him and keep His Commandments, even a thousand future generations would be blessed. In the scriptures, the importance of thinking beyond ourselves is frequently mentioned. That is why we as God’s children live not just for ourselves, but we are also here for our next generations. As parents and/or grandparents, I believe that most of you would agree with the statement I have just mentioned. In this world, we are too often encouraged to live for our happiness and sometimes it makes us look beyond the fact that there are problems we need to address with the rod of prayer.
The easiest way to break any generational curse is by the power of prayer. Prayer can move mountains and it can change your story to glory. Let’s look at some things you need to be aware of before wielding your sword of prayers.
- Know there is a problem: There are no two ways about this. You have to be able to identify the fact that you have a generational curse if you notice a constant bad and regular pattern of things in your family. Prayers and your actions or willingness to drive change is what can deliver you.
- Begin the process of change: During and after prayers, you’ve got to make a commitment to start catching yourself when you slip and making course corrections in your actions and behavior if you want to see swift changes. If your family curse is something more extreme, it might even require that you get outside help from your Pastor or Prophet. This is going to be a process with ups and downs, but you can succeed if you stay committed to the end result with the power of prayers and great deliverance.
- See to it that, the curse is broken: Generational curses are hard to break. If they were easy to break, everyone would be doing it. So once you’ve admitted the problem and begun the process of change, it is imperative that you commit to finishing the course. Keep working until you make the necessary changes for your family’s future generations that are counting on you to lay the foundation for them to build on. It’s not fair for our children to have to face family curses in their future simply because we weren’t willing to come face to face with them in the present. For the sake of yourself, your children, and your grandchildren—commit to finishing the course!
Pray these prayers a few times this week and we trust God for a turnaround in your life in the name of Jesus.
- Circle of generational curses hindering my moving forward, break by fire in the name of Jesus
- Power to overcome family and generational curses, come upon my life now in the name of Jesus
- Ancient gate of darkness in my lineage, I pull you down by fire in the name of Jesus
- Strongman prolonging every curse in my life, die in the name of Jesus
- Anything representing evil curses in my foundation, catch fire in the name of Jesus
- Curses afflicting my foundation, your time is up die in the name of Jesus
- Ancestral curses that have refused to leave my life alone, your time is up, break by fire in the name of Jesus.
We hope you’ve been blessed by this message, stick to our blog for more inspiring and power packed messages such as this and follow us on our social media platforms with the links on our page. God bless you.