PRAYER FOR A NEW BEGINNING
“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland”
“See, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind.”
Sometimes in life, a new beginning is forced on us, and sometimes, we choose to start a new beginning. Whether or not it’s forced on us, starting a new beginning is something we are all familiar with because it has happened to us at one point in our life.
A new beginning creates fear most of the time because it’s venturing into the unknown. Since we don’t know what the new beginning we are getting into has for us, we become afraid and disturbed.
A woman, who is remarrying after many years of divorce, may be afraid of starting a relationship with anyone, let alone even getting married again. An apprentice leaving his/her boss may be afraid of leaving because he/she doesn’t know if being independent would be possible or worth it. A man relocating to another state, town, or country, to start a new life may be depressed and dazed with anxiety because he is going to a place he isn’t familiar with to start a new life. A rape victim may become traumatized after the unfortunate event and become afraid to start a good life by dating someone who wishes to marry her.
All this shows that the matter of a new beginning is always full of anxiety. But it doesn’t have to be that way. As much as a new beginning is filled with the unknown, it’s also a sign of hope and change. A new beginning could also signify a moment of turn around, change of story, open doors, progress, elevation, etc. Starting a new beginning usually proves to be worth it, in the end.
Are you afraid of a new beginning? Don’t be afraid. Commit everything into God’s hand. Hand over everything to Him. Tell Him to direct you, and everything will be fine. The mistakes we make most of the time that makes a new beginning stressful or full of problem for us is that we usually don’t seek for direction from God.
Too many times, we try to do it with our own understanding. We are too stubborn to remember the Bible verses that say:
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” —Proverbs 3:5-6 (New International Version)
If we allow God to lead us according to His plan or if we are sure we are led by God, a new beginning would never be stressful or full of anxiety and fear of the unknown.
I don’t know the new beginning you chose or the new beginning forced on you, all I want you to know is that Jesus has the hope, comfort, and directions for your new beginning.
Are you getting married again? Are you moving to another country? Are you leaving your parents’ house to start a life of independence? Are you quitting your old job for a new job? Are you planning on getting married to a man or woman who has kids from the previous marriage? Are you going for studies abroad? Are trying to quit your job so you can face your calling in the ministry? Are you trying to quit your job and start your own business? Are you planning to start your own ministry or business? Whatever new beginning you are going into, I believe everything will be smooth for you so long as you lean on Jesus and depend on His help, support, and direction. Pray these prayers.
Prayer for a New Beginning
- Father in the name of Jesus, plant a new thing in my life today.
- Father, I disconnect myself from every unfriendly friend from my past and in my new beginning in the name of Jesus.
- Father, uproot every old deposit of darkness in my life in the name of Jesus.
- Father in the name of Jesus, complete that which you’ve started in my life.
- Father, prepare me for all the new and wonderful things you’ve for me in Jesus name.
- Father in the name of Jesus, help me to spring forward in my journey with you.
- Father, help me to let go of the old things that hold me back in Jesus name.
- Father in the name of Jesus, destroy everything that does not bring me life.
- Father by your mercy, I destroy everything that keeps me living in the past in Jesus name.
- Father in the name of Jesus, I receive a fresh start today.
- Father, prepare me for what you have in store for me in Jesus name.
- Father in the name of Jesus, I receive a new beginning today.
- Father, let everything that hinders me from greatness begin to give way now in Jesus name.
- Father in the name of Jesus, I command my destiny to change for the best in Jesus name.
- Father, let every good things eaten up by the enemy in the past be vomited now as I plan a new beginning, in Jesus name.
- Father, plant good things in my life in Jesus name.
- Father I pray that your will, not mine, will be done in my life from now on in Jesus name.
- Father, I pray for a new beginning of restoration, transformation in my life in Jesus name.
- Father, create in me a clean heart and put your right spirit in me for a new start in Jesus name.
- Father in the name of Jesus, I declare that there’s a way for me where there seems to be no way in Jesus name.
- Father, everything that the locusts and cankerworm has destroyed in my life shall be restored now in Jesus name.
- Father in the name of Jesus, I decree by faith that my latter years will be better than the former in Jesus name.
- Father, from now on, I will always go forward and never backward in Jesus name.
- Father in the name of Jesus, every crooked path in my life has become straight and rivers are flowing in the desert of my life in Jesus name.
- Father, bring honey out of the rock for me this season in Jesus name.
- Father, I paralyze all satanic antagonism in my destiny in Jesus name.
- Father, every spiritual weakness in my life receive permanent termination in Jesus name.
- Father, don’t let your hand come and pass me by this season in Jesus name.
- Father in the name of Jesus, give me the grace to walk on the new path you have set for me in Jesus name.
- Father, I ask that you intervene in any action that will hinder my new beginning in Jesus name.
- Father, give me the strength and boldness to hold on to your will for my life in Jesus name.
- Oh God of new beginning, manifest your power in my life in Jesus name.
- Father, I close every evil doors open against my life in the past in Jesus name.
- Father, arise and open new chapters of breakthrough in my life in Jesus name.
- Father, I recover ten folds all my wasted years in Jesus name.
- Father, by your mercy, I position myself for divine intervention in Jesus name.
- Father let your miracle that surpasses explanation manifest in my life now in Jesus name.
- Father, restore to me things that I have lost either through disobedience, carelessness or sin in Jesus name.
- Father in the name of Jesus, let there be evidence of the wonders of a new creature in my life.
- Father let my dominion be fully established in the name of Jesus.
- Father in the name of Jesus, restructure and redesign my destiny for good.
- Oh God of new beginnings, do something new in my life in Jesus name.
- Father breaks my destiny loose from every work of darkness and works new wonders in my life in Jesus name.
- Father I break asunder every plan of family idols to stop the new things God is about to do in my life in Jesus name.
- Father, I disconnect my destiny from the mistakes of my past completely in Jesus name.
- Father, every demonic resistance against the newness of God in my life and family shall be pulled down in Jesus name.
- Father, it is my season of new things in Jesus name.
- Father in the name of Jesus, I move powerfully in the anointing of God in this new beginning of my life, in Jesus name.
- I shall rise and shine in the glory of God in this new beginning in Jesus name.
- Father, I thank you for the new thing you will do in my life that eyes have not seen, nor ears have heard, nor mind can conceive in the name,