PRAYER POINTS AGAINST LUSTFUL THOUGHTS AND TEMPTATION
Our anchor text for this topic is 1 Corinthians 6:13 says Food for the stomach for food, and God will destroy them both, the body, however, is not meant for sexual immorality but for Lord and the Lord for the body. Also 2 Timothy 2:22 validates these points also it says Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
This topic is a very interesting topic because lustfulness and temptation is one of the evil vices the devil is using to truncate the life of many both believers and unbeliever. Even the church of God is not left out of this, we have heard cases of so many pastors who have in one way or the other engage in immoral acts, the devil is really having a field day destroying the lives of people with this vice of lustfulness and temptation.
lustfulness and temptation this two is behind the high rate of sexual immorality in our society even the church of christ is not left out, the rate at which this evil vices is spreading is at an alarming rate, lustfulness and temptation is now being commercialize because they use it to promote and sell so many things in our society today. Virtually all aspects of our society are affected by these evil vices, you will find this in our churches, schools, entertainment industry which is the worst, in our movies and music.
Lustfulness and temptation has birthed so many evil vices such as pornography, which is no more hidden in our society, you see both the adults, youth, teens being addicted to this by watching and engaging in the act of pornography, this as lead to destruction of so many destinies, many marriages and relationship have been affected because of this evil vice of lustfulness and temptation.
For you to be able to win the war over lustfulness and temptation you need to lay hold on the word of God, because the righteousness of God is the only cure to lustfulness and temptation, the scriptures was saying in the book of Matthew 5:27-28 that Do not commit adultery. but i tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in heart. If we breakdown that scriptures for better understanding it is not only the act of lustful that God considers as sin but the thought is also considered as a sin, it shows we are to guard our heart jealousy and also walk upright with God.
How To Win The War Over Lustfulness And Temptation
- Accept jesus christ as your lord and personal saviour, when you do this every taste of sin will be destroyed in your life
- Always walk in the spirit, be spirit filled at all times and you will fulfill the will of the flesh Galatian 5:22-23
- Do away with the things of the world because it can corrupt you, let the word of God be your guide Psalm 119:9-11
- Ask God for help in prayers and he will answer you Romans 6:7
Meditate on the following scriptures and you will be delivered from the spirit of lustfulness and temptation:
- Exodus 20:14 “You shall not commit adultery.
- Psalm 101:3 I will not look with approval on anything that is vile. I hate what faithless people do; I will have no part in it.
- Matthew 5:28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
- 1 Corinthians 6:13 You say, “Food for the stomach and the stomach for food, and God will destroy them both.” The body, however, is not meant for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.
- 2 Timothy 2:22 Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
- 1 John 2:16 For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world.
- Proverbs 6:25 Do not lust in your heart after her beauty or let her captivate you with her eyes.
- Galatians 5:16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.
- Romans 8:6 The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.
- James 1:14-15 But each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. 15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.
Guard your heart But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to desire her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
- Matthew 5:28 Ask for forgiveness after repentance is forgiveness,accept you have sinned and God will accept you back into his fold.
Pray the following prayers against lustfulness thoughts and temptation:
- I flee youthful lusts, and I follow righteousness, faith, love, and the peace of God out of a pure heart. (2 Timothy 2:22)
- As a single Christian, I belong to the Lord. My heart and my soul belong to Him. All that I am, and all that I have belongs to Him. My focus and my passion are continually upon Him, loving Him, serving Him and how I may please Him. (1 Corinthians 7:32, 34)
- The Lord is my comforter and my companion. Whenever I am lonely, He speaks to my heart, keeps my company, and comforts me. (John 14:16, 26)
- I am rooted, grounded, settled and established in my love for Christ, and in my relationship with Him. (Ephesians 3:17)
- I do not keep company or fellowship with those who would influence me to sin against God, do wrong, or commit evil. For I will not give place to the devil in my life. (1 Corinthians 5;11, Ephesians 4:27)
- I am crucified with Christ; nevertheless I live; yet it’s not I that live, but Christ that lives in me. And the life that I now live, I live it by the faith, power, strength and comfort of the Son of God, who loves me, and gave His life for me. (Galatians 2:20)
- I know the voice of the Lord, and I will only follow His voice. I will not be seduced or deceived in following the voice and seduction of the stranger (Satan), but I will follow the voice of my good shepherd, Jesus Christ. (John 10:5)
- I keep my heart as a virgin unto the Lord, and I stand steadfast (in my heart) in my love and commitment unto Him. (1 Corinthians 7:37)
- The Lord is well able to keep me from falling to the sins and seductions of the flesh. (Jude 1:24)
- Even though I am single, I am complete in Christ for He is my head and my companion. (Colossians 2:10)
- The Lord delivers me from every trap and snare of the enemy. (Psalm 91:3)I am not conformed to the world’s view. Instead, my heart and mind are transformed daily to the image of Christ because I constantly renew my mind in the word of God. (Romans 12:2)
- As a single Christian, I keep watch and I pray; therefore the enemy cannot enter into my life to deceive me, or lure me into sin or seduction. (Matthew 26:41)
- I am strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. I put on, and keep on the whole armor of God. I am therefore able to stand against all temptations and deception of the enemy. (Ephesians 6:10-11)
- Lord Jesus, I take possession of my mind by your spirit and I sanctify it with your power. I come against every feeling of lust in my life, you said we should make our body a holy sacrifice unto you. Lord God, help me to make my life and body a holy sacrifice unto you in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, I pray for your holy spirit and power, your holy spirit and power that will give me victory over lust of the flesh. I know that many times the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak that is why I’m asking for your power that will give me victory over lust of the flesh. I refuse to be a tool in the hands of the enemy. I consecrate every thought that is running through my mind with your precious blood. And I decree that all my thoughts are holy and acceptable before you in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, I pray that you will never let your Holy Spirit depart away from me. I pray that you will send me your comforter which is the holy spirit. The Holy Spirit will be my companion especially when I’m lonely, your spirit that will guide me on what to think about and the thoughts to allow into my mind. I pray for your Holy Spirit that will ignite my mortal body whenever the temptation of the flesh wants to arise. Lord Jesus, I pray you will send me your holy spirit in Jesus name.
- Lord Jesus, I announce my crucification with you on the cross of Calvary. The life that I live from now belongs to you because you live in me. I give my whole life to you for you to be the master of it. I release myself to the tutelage of your Spirit and power. I release the wheel of my life to you completely. I ask that you will take charge from now, you will guide my thought, you will guide my actions and you will take away every iota of the lust of the flesh in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, the bible says our body is the temple of the Lord. Lust of the flesh, I announce to you today that my body now belongs to God. Never again will you have power over me. I speak my victory over you into being in the name of Jesus. The bible says that the Son has set free is free indeed. My freedom from you is certain, I take dominance over you by the precious blood of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, I ask that you will take over my heart and you will use it for your glory alone. I decree that my life will not be ruined by the lust of the flesh in the name of Jesus. I decree that my destiny will not be destroyed by the lust of the flesh in the name of Jesus. Lord God, my marriage is secured in the name of Jesus. I come against every scheme of the devil to destroy my marriage, I destroy their schemes by the blood of Jesus. From now, I refuse to be a slave to sexual immoralities in the name of Jesus.
- I pray that the Lord will guide me and carry me in His hands so that I will not fall victim to temptations in the name of Jesus. I refuse to fall into sin again, I refuse to remain a slave to deductions of the enemy, from now, I’m a free man because I belong to Jesus.
- Father in heaven, I pray for every man and woman whose destinies are at the edge of destruction due to lust of the flesh. I pray that you will give them victory over it in the name of Jesus.
- Lord God, I ask that you will help them guide their heart, and thoughts and every of their doing will be holy and acceptable unto you in the name