PRAYER POINTS FOR MAKING THE RIGHT DECISION
The LORD will guide you always. . .
26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.
The above verses show that God can help us make the right decisions. This is important because there are always issues in life that will get too complicated and hard for us to make the right decisions quickly. Sometimes we are faced with questions like: should I get married to a kind and caring partner who isn’t a believer? Should I sell all my landed properties to invest in this business? Should I quit my current job and go into personal business? Should I drop out of school and go and learn a skill? Should I travel out of the country? Which country should I relocate to: Canada, the UK, USA, or Australia? Should I get another apartment? These are some of the questions that may require us to make decisions quickly and correctly.
There are two tough issues regarding making the right decision. One is that there is usually not enough time to think about or carefully consider each of the options. We have to make a choice and we have to do it quickly; there is no eternal time to do it. The second issue is that we sometimes don’t know which of the options the best is because sometimes we are faced with options that look equally good and profitable. These are some of the reasons why making the right decision always brings confusion, depression, and frustration.
As Christians, making the right decision shouldn’t even bring depression, confusion, and frustration, because Isaiah 30:21 tells us that God is capable of directing us and showing us the way and helping us make the right decision. The verse says: Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”
If a Christian ever gets frustrated or depressed because he/she is faced with the responsibility of making the right decision, it could be because the person hasn’t asked God for direction, doesn’t have the Holy Spirit, or because the person has the Holy Spirit but isn’t prepared to listen to Him when He speaks.
Two Main Reasons Why Christians Usually Can’t Make The Right Decisions
- Refusal to Consult God or Listen to Him
God warned Christians never to lean on their own understanding. But many Christians disregard that warning— and they suffer for it greatly. The reason they mostly disregard that warning is that they believe too much in their knowledge, experience, intellectual capacity, or connection. They think they don’t need to involve God since they are brilliant or experienced enough to handle the matter.
But that is foolishness! Who can be more brilliant or experienced than the God who created the universe and knows the beginning and the end without getting up from His throne?
We Christians must understand that we can never outgrow God. And that He is never tired of us. It doesn’t matter how much or how long we go to Him for help and direction, He is always there and ready to listen and help. Why should we do it ourselves when God can do it for us in the most perfect way?
If you are reading this, God wants you to depend on Him. He wants you to let go of everything you know or think you know. He wants you to ask Him for advice so that He can help you make the right decisions timely.
The negative results of not involving God in our decision-making process are many and disastrous. One of such results is fear. When we are faced with a very short time to make decisions or when we have too many options that looks as though they will bring similar results, we become afraid of making decisions because we know it’s either the decisions we made turn out to be good or bad. We mostly don’t think of the good turn. Most times we think of the bad turn and we become very afraid to even make any decision. This is one of the negative effects of fear. Fear is avoidable if we involve God. It’s really unnecessary.
Disasters Of Not Making The Right Decisions
It’s important to look into the disasters that can happen when we don’t make the right decisions on important issues of our lives. Looking at the disasters will help us understand better why it’s a matter of existential importance for us to involve God when we make decisions or need to make decisions.
Making just one wrong decision can make us lose our wealth, our job, our marriage, etc., and even our life.
Making the wrong decision has led people into huge debts that will take them a life time to pay up.
Many rich people have become dead poor just by making one wrong business decision.
Some people died because they made the wrong decision on whom to marry, whom to do business with, whom to make friends with, etc.
Prayer Points To Make The Right Decisions
- Oh Lord, order my steps by your word in Jesus name.
- Oh Lord, help me to walk in obedience as I make decisions for my life.
- Oh Lord, give me wisdom to make the right decision for my life in Jesus name.
- Father, I submit myself, totally to the leading of the Holy Ghost in Jesus name.
- Oh Lord let my decisions align with your word in Jesus name.
- Oh Lord, help me choose rightly and consciously in Jesus name.
- Father let every decision I make be in accordance with your will and purpose for my life in Jesus name.
- Father let your word and prayer be my decision making tools in all aspects of my life in Jesus name.
- Father, teach me not to depend on my thoughts and opinions.
- Oh Lord, guide me into the right decisions for my life in Jesus name
- Holy Spirit, teach me your word in Jesus name.
- Oh Lord, fill me with divine strength to follow your leading in Jesus name.
- Oh Lord, open my eyes to see all I should do regarding the issues of my life in Jesus name.
- Father, grant me understanding in all issues of my life in Jesus name.
- Oh lord, grant me the spirit of wisdom and discernment in Jesus name.
- Father, help me to choose wisely in Jesus name.
- Father, help me to make the right decisions in my career in Jesus name.
- Oh Lord, every enemy that wants to distract and disorganize your plans for my life, I destroy them by fire in Jesus name.
- Father, I choose to follow your instructions concerning my life in Jesus name.
- Oh Lord, help me to trust you with my decisions and my future.
- Father, give me a clear guidance in my life, as I submit to your will in Jesus name.
- Father, lead me to the right connections and relationships in Jesus name.
- Father, feed me and refresh me with your word and wisdom in Jesus name.
- Oh Lord, help me see and properly assess the positives and negatives in every situation, opportunity and decisions that I make in Jesus name.
- Father, help me forgo every wrong thing in my life.
- Oh Lord, help me to be selective and not impulsive in Jesus name.
- Father, help me not to make rash decisions and actions in Jesus name.
- Father, give me the peace that surpasses all understanding as I make decisions for my life in Jesus name.
- Father, teach me in the way I should go and paths I should take for my life in Jesus name.
- Oh Lord, give me the boldness to seize and pursue all opportunities and goals that you have planned for my life in Jesus name.