PRAYER TO DRAW CLOSER TO GOD.
We would be looking at two scriptures as our anchor texts for this topic. The first scriptures is from the book of James 4:8 it says Draw near to God and he will draw near to you, cleanse your hands, you sinners and purify your hearts, your hearts, you double minded.
The second important scripture is from the book of Exodus 19:20-24 it says The Lord came down on Mount Sinai, to the top of the mountain; and the Lord called Moses to the top of the mountain, and Moses went up. Then the Lord spoke to Moses, “Go down, warn the people, so that they do not break through to the Lord to gaze, and many of them perish. Also let the priests who come near to the Lord consecrate themselves, or else the Lord will break out against them
The two scriptures read above validates what we are about to discuss in today’s topic drawing near to God, as a matter of fact drawing near to God should be a lifestyle of every Christian brother and sister, because the more closer we are to God the more of his inheritance we are able to discover concerning our life, when you draw near to God he would show you secret from his word that will aid your journey and fulfillment as a Christian.
Drawing near to God should be something we should crave for and it should be something we must endeavour to do daily by getting close to him, drawing near to God is not for his benefit but absolutely for our benefit because we have lot to gain by coming close and always seeking the face of God, because each time we come close to God he rewards us with is benefit Hebrew 11:6.
Drawing near to God is having that conviction that when you speak to God from your heart, he will listen to you and also speak back to you, it is a feeling of knowing that the presence of the holy spirit is right where you are while you commune with the father he his the link between the Father and you.
Ways To Draw Closer To God:
- Study the word of God, the bible is the spiritual manual of God, if you want to see and locate God the bible should be your guide, because God through his word will show you what to do and things he expect from you as a Christian, the bible is God blueprint for a successful Christian living. Whenever you want to hear from God the bible should be your guiding manual.
- Actively seek and pursue after God, make sure you seek God daily you can do that by studying is word and also in prayer Jeremiah 29:13
- Get rid of every form of iniquities from your life, God can communion with you when your ways are not right and pure with him, God will only give audience to the righteous and he will turn his ears to the sinners.
- Talk to him in prayer, prayer is an avenue when you talk to God about all you need, the bible says when you seek him you will find him .
- Meditate on scriptures and by so doing you will find him with the help of the holy spirit.
Benefits Of Drawing Closer To God
- One of the benefits of drawing closer to God is that God will also draw close to you
- He will constantly guide you and direct your path
- He will reveal secret things to you by showing you things to come
- He will supply all your needs according to his riches in heaven Matthew 6:33
- He will make every impossible situation possible by making everything perfectly strong for your sake
Prayer To Draw Closer To God.
1 Father, I thank you for sending Jesus Christ to us.
- Father, I declare that I walk in the wisdom of Christ today, in Jesus name.
- Father, I declare that the light of your word is shining in my life, therefore I shall never walk in darkness again, in Jesus name.
- I declare that because of the holy spirit in my inside, I have the knowledge of Christ in Jesus name
- I declare that I have spiritual understanding in all areas of life in Jesus name
- I declare that I have the mind of Christ, therefore, nothing shall be impossible for me to achieve, in Jesus name.
- I declare that, because the word of God is at work in me, I possess all my heavenly inheritances in Christ, in Jesus name
- I declare that I have dominion, because the power of God is at work in me.
- I declare that I am an overcome, because greater is He that is in me than he that is the world.
- I declare that I have dominion over the circumstances of life, in Jesus name
- I declare that I have dominion over my finances, in Jesus name
- I declare that I have dominion over sicknesses and diseases in Jesus name
- I declare that I have dominion over demonic spells, charms and enchantments, in Jesus name
- I declare that I have dominion over my body to put it under subjection in Jesus name
- I declare that I have dominion over household enemies, in Jesus name
- I declare that I have dominion over witches and wizards in Jesus name.
- I declare that I have dominion over marine powers, in Jesus name
- I declare that I have dominion over principalities and powers, in Jesus name
- I declare that I have dominion over sin, in Jesus name
- I declare that I am seated at the right hand of God, far above all principalities and powers in Jesus name
- I declare that I am untouchable, because the power that raised up Jesus from the dead is at work in me, in Jesus name.
- I declare that I have authority to tread upon snakes and scorpions and to destroy the devil’s power, and nothing shall by any means hurt me, in Jesus name
- I declare that I am unkillable, in Jesus name.
- The devil and his agents are too small to stand on my path to greatness in life, in Jesus name.