Prayers To focus On God This Month.
Psalm 42:1-2 “As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.”
The desire to get closer to God is a natural and deeply spiritual yearning that many believers experience. As Christians, we seek a deeper and more intimate connection with our Creator, yearning to know Him more intimately and experience His presence in our lives. In this article, we will explore five practical ways to draw closer to God and deepen your relationship with Him.
Kindly watch Evangelist Joshua on YoutubeSubscribe Now
How to focus on God
- Cultivate a Habit of Daily Prayer
Prayer is the most direct line of communication between us and God. It is a sacred conversation where we pour out our hearts, express our gratitude, and seek His guidance. To get closer to God, make prayer a daily habit. Set aside a specific time each day for prayer, whether it’s in the morning, during lunch, or before bedtime. In these moments, pour out your thoughts, concerns, and joys to Him.
- Immerse Yourself in Scripture
God’s Word, the Bible, is a treasure trove of His wisdom, promises, and revelations about His character. To get closer to God, immerse yourself in Scripture regularly. Set aside time to read, study, and meditate on His Word. Choose a reading plan or devotional that suits your schedule and preferences.
- Practice Gratitude and Thankfulness
A heart filled with gratitude is open to God’s presence and blessings. To get closer to God, cultivate an attitude of gratitude and thankfulness. Begin your day by thanking Him for the gift of life and the new day. Throughout the day, take moments to acknowledge His goodness and blessings, whether big or small.
- Seek Fellowship with Other Believers
Christianity is not meant to be a solitary journey. God designed us to be part of a community of believers who support, encourage, and sharpen one another in faith. To get closer to God, seek fellowship with other Christians. Attend a local church, join a small group, or participate in community activities where you can connect with fellow believers.
- Practice the Presence of God
The practice of the presence of God involves cultivating an awareness of God’s presence in your everyday life. It’s about living in constant communion with Him, recognizing that He is with you wherever you go.
20 Prayers to focus on God this month.
- “As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God.” (Psalm 42:1 NIV)
Heavenly Father, I long for a renewed and intense desire to seek Your presence this month. May my soul thirst for You as a deer pants for water.
2. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.” (1 Chronicles 16:34 NIV)
Lord, I thank You for Your enduring love and goodness. Let my heart overflow with gratitude during this month in Jesus name.
3. “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.” (Matthew 5:6 NIV)
The Holy Spirit ignites in me a hunger and thirst for righteousness. Fill me with Your presence as I seek You fervently in Jesus name.
4. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” (Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV)
Lord, I surrender my ways to You. Guide me in the paths of righteousness and wisdom as I focus on You this month in Jesus name.
5. “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14 NIV)
Heavenly Father, grant me a spirit of repentance and humility. Help me turn away from sin and draw closer to You in Jesus name.
6. “But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.” (Deuteronomy 4:29 NIV)
Lord, I seek You with all my heart and soul. Draw me closer to You in intimacy in this month in Jesus name.
7. “The Lord replied, ‘My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.'” (Exodus 33:14 NIV)
Holy Spirit, I desire Your presence to go with me in my daily life. Grant me rest and peace as I carry Your presence with me.
8. Lord, I ask for Your wisdom to guide my thoughts and actions this month. Grant me discernment and understanding in Jesus name.
9. “Then Jesus said to his disciples, ‘Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.'” (Matthew 16:24 NIV)
Heavenly Father, I surrender my desires and ambitions to follow You wholeheartedly. Help me take up my cross and follow Your path in Jesus name.
10. “You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast because they trust in you.” (Isaiah 26:3 NIV)
Lord, grant me perfect peace as I steadfastly trust in You. Let Your peace reign in my heart and mind.
11. “Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.” (Colossians 3:12 NIV)
Holy Spirit, clothe me with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience as I interact with others.
12. “But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.” (2 Peter 3:18 NIV)
Lord, I desire to grow in Your grace and knowledge. Let this month be a season of spiritual growth and maturity in Jesus name.
13. “Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.” (Psalm 119:105 NIV)
Heavenly Father, let Your Word be a lamp to my feet and a light on my path, guiding me in every decision I make in Jesus name.
14. “Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.” (James 4:10 NIV)
Lord, I humble myself before You. Lift me up according to Your perfect plan and purpose in Jesus name.
15. “I can do all this through him who gives me strength.” (Philippians 4:13 NIV)
Holy Spirit, I draw strength from You to face challenges and adversity with unwavering faith.
16. “But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.” (2 Thessalonians 3:3 NIV)
Lord, I trust in Your faithfulness to strengthen and protect me from the schemes of the evil one.
17. “But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.” (Hebrews 5:14 NIV)
Heavenly Father, grant me spiritual discernment to distinguish between good and evil, and to make righteous choices in Jesus name.
18. “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.” (Galatians 5:22-23 NIV)
Lord, cultivate in me the fruit of the Spirit. Let love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control abound in my life.
19. “Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.” (Colossians 3:13 NIV)
Holy Spirit, help me bear with others and forgive as You have forgiven me. Let Your grace flow through me in Jesus name.
20. “But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.” (1 Peter 3:15 NIV)
Lord, give me a heart that believes Christ as Lord and a readiness to share the reason for my hope with others.