30 Bible Verses About Patience In Hard Time
The world is generally filled with challenges, trials and tribulations. Some are usually easy to scale through, but some threaten to make us lose our foothold. In all, as Christians, we always have God to fall back on, for strength, for help, for stability. At certain times, these trials come our way as a test, or as a means, God has placed through which he wants us to grow, or in preparation for what he has in store for us. In times like this, it usually seems that God has deserted us, it feels like he is no more there, or he doesn’t hear when we call out to him. Moments like these dear brethren, is one of the various reasons God has given us his Word, The Word of God is Christ Jesus and so the Word with us is God with us. This Word at this time, becomes our strength, our help, our shield and stability. God never leaves us without a helper. He has given us the Holy Spirit and he has given us his Word, all we need do is to dwell in them, and there, we will find all the strength we need, the courage to face challenges and go through hard times, and the patience to wait on the Lord for his time of deliverance, for he never fails, and he will never leave us to suffer forever.
Here are 30 Bible Verses to strengthen us and preserve our patience in hard times as we await the saving help of our Lord;
30 Bible Verses About Patience In Hard Time
- Romans 5:2-4
Through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.
Kindly watch Evangelist Joshua on YoutubeSubscribe Now
2. Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
3. Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God
4. Hebrews 4:16
Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
5. Exodus 15:2
The Lord is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him.
6. Psalm 62:1-2
Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
7. Isaiah 41:10
So, do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
8. Deuteronomy 31:8
The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
9. Proverbs 18:10
The name of the Lord is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe
10. Psalm 9:9-10
The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.
11. Psalm 34:10
The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.
12. Isaiah 26:3-4
You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal.
13. Psalm 32:7-8
You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.
14. Exodus 33:14
The Lord replied, My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.
15. Psalm 34:17
The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.
16. Luke 12:25-26
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life, since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?
17. Psalm 46:1-3
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore, we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.
18. John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
19. Psalm 27:1-3
The Lord is my light and my salvation whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked advance against me to devour me, it is my enemies and my foes who will stumble and fall. Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then I will be confident.
20. 1 Peter 5:7
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
21. Isaiah 12:2
Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation
22. Isaiah 43:1-3
But now, this is what the Lord says: he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I give Egypt for your ransom, Cush and Seba in your stead.
23. 2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.
24. Psalm 138:3
When I called, you answered me; you greatly emboldened me.
25. Psalm 16:8
I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him in my right hand, I will not be shaken.
26. Psalm 91:1-2
Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.
27. Philippians 4:12-13
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
28. 2 Thessalonians 3:3
But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.
29. Isaiah 40:29
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
30. 1 Peter 5:10
And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.
- Heavenly Father, the source of all blessings, everything in heaven and on earth belongs to you. You are highly exalted above all. I magnify your name, Oh Most High, I adore and worship you, and I say to you be all the glory both now and forever. In Jesus name. Amen.
- I thank you Father for the word you have given us, which strengthens us in our hard times, preserves us in troubled times and guides us when we seem unsure. I thank you for your Spirit which convicts us through your word and brings it to life in us. Thank you, Heavenly Father. Amen.
- Father, this world is filled with a lot of challenges and difficulties, help me dear Lord, in moments like this, to rely wholly on your Word, to find comfort in it and gain strength to pull through. In Jesus name. Amen.
- Help me dear Lord, to be content in every situation, placing all my hope. And trust in you in Jesus name. Amen.
- Help me dear Lord, to always bear in mind that you are always there to help me, help me to cast all my anxieties, cares and worries at your feet, finding peace at the foot of the cross in Jesus name.
- Father, help.me to put my whole trust in you, even in difficult times, believing that no matter how long it may seem, or how much time it may take, you will always be to my aid and deliver me from all my struggles in Jesus name.
- Father, help to find patience in times of trials, give me the grace to wait patiently on you and on your Word and promises for me, may I never be in a hurry to bring to manifestation that which you have said, without your presence in it in Jesus name. Amen
- Father, may lack of patience never drive me to do that which is evil, help me to be steadfast and loyal to you, no matter what in Jesus name. Amen.
- Father, as I hope and wait patiently on you, give me strength, do not forsake me, but in your mercy, hear my prayers and come quickly to my aid. In Jesus name. Amen.
- Thank you, Heavenly Father, for you remain true to your Word and your Word has said that after we have suffered a little while, you will restore and establish us. Thank you, Heavenly Father, for in Jesus’ name we have prayed. Amen.