7 Signs God Is Testing You.
2 CHORINTHIANS 13:5
Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you unless, of course, you fail the test?
By faith Abraham, when God tested him, offered Isaac as a sacrifice. He who had embraced the promises was about to sacrifice his one and only son,
God tests us in different ways, but we must be able to know if He is testing us or not. Test comes to us through trials, through issues of life through everyday happenings. God wants to know how faithful and how strong we in the faith are. Test is part of our spiritual journey in life. Our article today will give you an insight on seven different ways to know God is testing you.
1. TEST OF MONEY: God tests us financially; money is one of those ways God uses in testing us. God wants us to see if we can trust Him with our money. Sometimes, we find it difficult to give an offering or pay tithe, this is a test to show us if we can trust Him to meet our needs financially. God wants to know if we can trust Him according to His promises in Philippians 4:19 And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. We must come to a point in life where we can solely trust in God for financial help and not hold it back when there is a need to give it for the kingdom of God’s use.
2. TEST OF SACRIFICE: Another test we go through in life is a test of sacrifice. God tested Abraham to see if he can trust Him with his son, even though Abraham got the child Isaac at an extremely late age. But he was able to prove to God that He trusted God no matter what, that if God gave him Isaac, He was able to do much more. Hebrews 11:17 says” By faith Abraham, when God tested him, offered Isaac as a sacrifice. He who had embraced the promises was about to sacrifice his one and only son. God wants to know how far we go in our acts of sacrifices unto Him.
3. TEST OF FAITH: God tests our faith daily in our walk with Him. He wants to know if we are fully trusting in His omniscience and omnipresent power. Sometimes it looks hard trusting in whom we cannot see, but sometimes God tells us to do something that looks bigger than us and looks unachievable, and this stretches our faith to learn to trust in God. Hebrews 11:1 says “Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. God wants to know how strong our faith is in Him.
4. TEST OF HEART: God tests our heart to know what it is in our minds; He wants to know if we are worried about things or trusting in Him wholly. Psalm 139:23 says” Search me, God, and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts. God looked at Joseph’s heart to know that He cares so much about his family and people around him and that was what paved the way for him. His heart was tested, and he was trusted by God. God sees beyond our spoken words; He sees our heart and knows all we are thinking of.
5. TEST OF PATIENTS: God wants to know if we can be patient enough to wait on Him. He said in Revelation 3:10 that “Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth. He wants to know if we can pass the present test so He can move us to the next level of our lives. Patient is a virtue. Patients are needed in our daily living; God tests our patient by asking us to hold on sometimes whenever we request or ask for something from Him. This is God, trying to teach us how to remain calm and patient to wait on Him.
6. TEST OF THE WORD: God wants to know how much of His words we have in us. That was why the bible said 2 Timothy 2:15 “Study to show yourself approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. To win any spiritual warfare in life, you need to know the word of God in and out. Joshua 1:8 says’ Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Most times we are faced with trials and tribulations, which is part of life, we are being tested, the only thing that will keep us going and strong in our faith is how much of the words of God we have in our heart. Revelations 12:11 says’ They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death. Through the word of God, our victory is guaranteed but when we lack the word of God, we fail and fall short of God’s blessings.
7. TEST OF POSSESSIONS: Just like the devil tested Jesus in Matthew 11:9-10, showing Him at the top of the mountain all the earth and everything in it, and telling Jesus to bow down and that he will give Him everything, but Jesus replied, Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’ Sometimes, we tend to turn what we have to our God without knowing, Jesus was tested just like any human on earth, but He was able to overcome the devil. It is possible to have a car and God is laying it in your heart to give it out, but because you adored the car so much, you may not want to release it, not knowing that God is testing you so that He can give you something bigger and better. We must come to reality, that nothing is ours, and that there is nothing we have that was not given to us by God., thereby we must be able to lay it down at any point He asks us to. We must not allow any of our possessions to be our god or lord over us that we start worshiping it without our knowledge.